Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Retaliatory Feedback on Ebay

Daryl,

Sorry to hear about your recent feedback issues. I've been there and believe me, eBay does not want to get involved.

It always amazes me that there are people (stiffs) out there that do not take responsibility for their own actions and find it easier to blame others.

Jim Papaycik

I had this problem 1 time but it was for a wrestling related item.Also i only do paypal as a buyer or seller so that im protected that way.

i recall your ebay listing for the green mike schmidt signed jacket.

i am writing to support that you wrote a fair and accurate description of the item. it looks like the buyer changed his mind or didn't have the money.

it just sucks when people leave unwarranted negative feedback on ebay, and that appears to be the case here.

the silver lining: unfortunately, this experience happens to most every ebay seller sooner or later, and hopefully other potential customers can see where the fault lies in a singular transaction gone awry by scanning feedback. i certainly don't expect a seller to have perfect feedback. crap happens. i think it's possible to determine who is most likely telling the truth in a he said/she said ebay dispute by examining all the available information on a seller: from the number of items sold, to types of items sold and for sale, to feedback left and received.

so don't worry too much, keep being fair and it'll all come back to you.

that said, try to take your case to ebay and see if you can have the feedback removed. it doesn't appear warranted.

best of luck in the future.

-b.scott.

Do buyers avoid eBay auctions from sellers with negative feedback?
    Even if you really want the item, and its a good price?

Even if it is a small percentage. And the negatives look undeserved? Or the negatives are from high-maintanence customers. The customer who thinks a "used" or "worn" piece of clothing (jersey) from the 70s should look factory-fresh.

From 700+ Transactions, I have ONE negative Feedback. I bought a graded card, sent the money order & the Money Order came back LABELED, UNDELIVERABLE ADDRESS.

I e-mailed the Seller (right away) & tried to re-buy the Item, he Immediately re-listed it. He told me I never sent the Money. I left negative Feedback, & he responded w/ the same.

simply put, leave negative feedback & they respond. I ran a bunch of auctions, last fall, & about half of them Flaked...No pay, VERY late without discussion etc...

Ebay gets their money up front, from sellers...they dont play. Next time someone thinks about bidding on something, remember...the Seller probably already paid...

I agree, plenty of Flakes out there...just the way it is.
    Sean