Quote Originally Posted by bat_master View Post
Agreed, nice jersey.

Also, I was wondering something. Nate, either you or Wes (or anyone else) would you happen to know if Mike Sweeney was big on keeping his equipment? Doesn't appear to be all that much of his stuff available on the secondary market. Seems like the last bat of his I saw for sale (ebay possibly) was used by another player. Does Sweeney collect? Or is he one of those guys that his stuff ends up in private collections and then doesn't move except between collectors?

As an aside, I recall going to a Royals/Twins game at the dome, probably between 2002 and 2005. There was one heckler in particular that kept on calling out repeatedly "SWEENEY'S A WEENIE" as loud as possible. He was on 1st base side too, same section as where I was sitting.

I'm not really sure if Sweeney collects items or hoards his own, perhaps Wes might have a better idea than I. But I do know that Sweeney is probably one of the favorite Royal amongst collectors(behind Brett and maybe Jackson), so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a lot of his bats and jerseys are in KC collections.