Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Exclamation Soxfest this weekend in Chicago!!!

Anyone from the board going? I will be there all weekend with the wife and another couple. I am heading to the garage sale first thing on Friday. Who's going. Maybe we can put a face with the screen name and get a beer.

Glen

Re: Soxfest this weekend in Chicago!!!

Oh yah,

If you see this ugly mug it's me.

Thanks,

Glen

Glen,
    Let me know if at the Garage Sale the Sox sold any of the 1906 Sunday jerseys from last season and what price. I'd like to add one to my collection at some point.

I wish the Sox would go back to doing the Garage Sale at the park on the one Saturday in March like they used to. Soxfest is just to crowded for me.

Mike
    http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

Glen- I met you at the garage sale. I think I was a few people in front of you in line and we were looking at the hats together. Did your buddy get the Crede black? I managed to score...

Bobby Jenks 2006 Away
    Jermaine Dye 2006 Vest and Alternate
    Alex Cintron 2006 Home

There weren't very many 06 Homes, 1906 TBTC or St. Patty's Day shirts there. The Sox rep said that they kept those shirts and will be auctioning them off on chisox.com after spring training.

Glen,
    What kind of prices were the jersey's going for?

Re: Soxfest this weekend in Chicago!!! Lots of photos!

Sandnit,

My buddy did not get the Crede. I remember you at the hats but I didn't hear you say you were on this board. Good talking to you though.

Overall I thought it was Ok. You had to be fast. I was about 6th-7th in line and the helmets were swept up instantly. The second they opened the door Konerko, Dye, Pods, not sure if Thome all were swept up. I managed to get a pierszienski and uribe helmet. Bats were mostly shattered and I think way over priced. $750 for Thome $500 for Dye and Konerko. Jerseys were $150 to $750. I picked up some interesting hats. I liked how the players write their identifing markings in them. Ozzie signed his kids name in them. I picked up a Jenks, 3 Iguchi's, Everett, Uribe, Pods, and Ozzie. I picked up a Everett bat from another board member. I had Ozzie, crede, Ventura all sign a gamer bat. Sandy Alomar name plate from locker.

This was my first Soxfest and I thought it was fun. Here are some pictures from the event.

Ed Farmer

David Ardsma

Belton Bill Melton

OZZIE and VENTURA

Minnie Minoso and Moose Skowren

Harold Baines and Greg Walker

I'm going this year to score some Erstad stuff. I'm guessing his jerseys, hats, and helmets will go for pretty cheap too :-)
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

chicagoglen please send me an email

dannysubach@yahoo.com

Im new here but i'd first like to say this site is the best ever and I will be attending the soxfest this weekend but only on friday I scored tickets from one of the people who purchased the weekend package with hotel rooms so lucky me I wont be in lines all day I'd be done in about a hour or 2 but I cannot wait I get first dibbs on everything so I will most definetly be back here this friday to post all of the items they have and hopefully take pics.