Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: December Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    '79-'80 Mike Schmidt:

From a couple of great years for him, with 45 HRs and 114 RBI in '79 to his MVP Year in 1980 with 48 HRs and 121 RBIs.

Ben
    Yet another great piece of lumber, Ben.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by fredskinz View Post
    I picked up a lot of Tom Brunansky game used items from the Twins and Red Sox. It included two game used hats, a game used batting glove, a signed Homer Hanky and this game used fielder's glove which I'm almost positive is the one used to make "The Catch", which gave the Sox the 1990 AL East title. It can be photo matched from the Getty Images photo from 1990.
    That is a great looking glove! I looked at your photos for quite a bit and it appears to be a different glove than the getty images. Take a look at the 'O' in Bruno, on the black and white one the O is butts up against the seam and yours appears to be a little ways away from it. It still looks like a great glove and is a style match but may not be this exact glove.

I had the same concern Jimmy, but my thoughts are that the glove in the Getty photo is brand new. While "The Catch" glove would have used for 162 games, so the sharpie lettering faded and gloves do stretch. I just think the lettering looks spot on, but I totally see your point. Thanks for the kind words.

New to the hobby 1996 Grace gamer! This was discovered at a college fraternity charity auction being sold framed as an autographed jersey. It was pinned and stitched everywhere in the jersey, so it required alot of TLC to get it out safely. Very lucky to have found this!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

1978 Ozzie Smith rookie bat:

From an order specific to '78 with the Padres, a GU 10 bat.

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    New to the hobby 1996 Grace gamer! This was discovered at a college fraternity charity auction being sold framed as an autographed jersey. It was pinned and stitched everywhere in the jersey, so it required alot of TLC to get it out safely. Very lucky to have found this!
    That's an awesome find! Great job!

Banned

Talking Re: December Pickups

Great Mark Grace item!

Dave M.

Picked up a 2011 Berkman gamer. Notice the stars on the collar which were done for the Cardinals that made the all star game that year.

Love it!

1994 Green Bay Packers throwback game used jersey of Jamie Dukes.
    Worn vs. Patriots and vs. Buccaneers, will hopefully be photo matching it to Pack vs Eagles game in 1994 as well.