Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Using game used gear???

Hello everyone
    This may be a stupid question but I’m curious: do you use your used game gear??? Did you hit a ball with a game used bat that belonged to your favorite player? Do you wear a player’s game used jersey? Or is it to precious to even think such a thing?
    I’d like to have your opinion…
    Alain

Re: Using game used gear???

Quote Originally Posted by alainbou View Post
    Hello everyone
    This may be a stupid question but I’m curious: do you use your used game gear??? Did you hit a ball with a game used bat that belonged to your favorite player? Do you wear a player’s game used jersey? Or is it to precious to even think such a thing?
    I’d like to have your opinion…
    Alain
    Not a chance. And when I see someone wearing a game used jersey, it drives me nuts. I saw a guy wearing a Jermaine Dye Game Used Jersey at ALDS game 1 in KC this year. I just wanted to go offer to buy it and properly pay homage by displaying it.

metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Yep, I rock my jerseys at games all the time. Not crazy big ticket items, but I get lots of comments and I'm known around Coors Field for it.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Never! Never! and Never!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

HECK NO! But that's me. Although I don't like the idea of someone wearing a game used item, they own it so it's their choice to do whatever they want to do with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In limited specific scenarios I am okay with certain exceptions, however, no, this should not generally be acceptable - definitely not for a quality piece.

My preferred tactic when I see people wearing game used jerseys is to go tell them what that item sold for at auction recently. Then I usually follow that up with, "So, try not to spill any mustard on it"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I want the item used by the player and that's it. And if someone does decide to wear the item, then is should never be sold as a game used jersey.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

I hate it when I see someone wear a game used jersey. I would never do it. Or anything game used as well.

I do it if the player is a nobody but I want to rock the team jersey at a game (example a expos jersey with a crap player on it). You can't buy new expos jerseys so its the only way to wear legit gear. It's better than wearing a majestic garbage retail jersey. If it were a Larry walker or a Alou I'd never wear it, I'd display it.