Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Cool Re: Griffey Jr. Rookie Jersey's

Regarding Grey Flannel's explnation on the auction lot, I have seen two 1989 Mets jerseys, both gamers, both roads and both commons, that carried the 1990-91 tg. To me, the way I sum it up is that if it were these Mets commons, or even the Von Hayes Phillies road that GFC shows in their photo display, I'd probably take a chance. However, when you're talking one of the key jerseys of the 1989 MLB season, one that was issued by Score Board as well as a player/style/team that has been privately replicated, even allowing GFC's claims to be factual, I'd just be hesitant to pull the trigger, as the controversy and conventional wisdom involved around the item would be too much of an issue for me.

Dave M.

Re: Griffey Jr. Rookie Jersey's

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Regarding Grey Flannel's explnation on the auction lot, I have seen two 1989 Mets jerseys, both gamers, both roads and both commons, that carried the 1990-91 tg. To me, the way I sum it up is that if it were these Mets commons, or even the Von Hayes Phillies road that GFC shows in their photo display, I'd probably take a chance. However, when you're talking one of the key jerseys of the 1989 MLB season, one that was issued by Score Board as well as a player/style/team that has been privately replicated, even allowing GFC's claims to be factual, I'd just be hesitant to pull the trigger, as the controversy and conventional wisdom involved around the item would be too much of an issue for me.

Dave M.
    I am confused, isn't there a photo match that puts this jersey on Ken's back? What is the problem with that?