Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Panini Turns Tom Brady's 2013 AFC Championship Jersey Into Jersey Cards

Re: Panini Turns Tom Brady's 2013 AFC Championship Jersey Into Jersey Cards

That's just not right. I don't get why these companies ruin museum worthy jerseys and or bats.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Panini Turns Tom Brady's 2013 AFC Championship Jersey Into Jersey Cards

Quote Originally Posted by whoman View Post
    That's just not right. I don't get why these companies ruin museum worthy jerseys and or bats.
    It's greed, and a desire to quench the thirst of their own niche of the hobby without resorting to having to affect their niche of the hobby lest they offend their customers. The game used community is far smaller than the card collecting base, so why tick off their own customer base when they can obtain and chop up items that only pisses off a comparitively small segment of the hobby, from which many, if not most participants aren't going to buy much of anything from them, anyway?

Dave Miedema

Interesting video, but it is a shame.

I really don't mind this kind of thing with modern jerseys etc. because there is enough to go around, but when I see vintage stuff like Ruth/Robinson cut up I find it cringe worthy.

at least they use real jerseys now ... I once got a game used card from upper deck and it had a brady and welker piece.The brady was his neck tag with a size 50 ... he wears a 48 ...so I contacted upper deck for an explanation ....they stated after weeks of their own research that he wears a larger size in cold weather so he can wear warm layers under it ....lmao .....not long after that their guarantee went from their guarantee to it being guaranteed by the party they obtain said jersey from

I wanted to throw up in the first two minutes of the video.
    For that segment they're using real jerseys. But I've noticed a lot of cards from Panini 2013 14 and 15 playbook collection, they put the jersey neck tag in the cards. A lot of them are from store-bought jerseys, because it says made in Honduras on the tag. Gamer tag has no "Made In" anywhere on it.
    I still think they're screwing the consumer regardless

Yeah, it definitely sucks to see that jersey cut up. IMHO Panini did this only to get the buzz out there that they're using real GU jerseys in the cards. And as others have said, that's definitely not the case, given past examples.

I've even seen GU jersey patch cards on eBay with counterfeit jerseys. So while I applaud this video for using a real GU jersey, knowing Panini they're not doing this for every product, or every patch card they make.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

So disgusting when they do this. Use one from the regular season that doesn't mean anything or a pre season. I really hate when they use old jerseys or one off jerseys for them. It is really the worst. Have some kind of contest where you can win the whole jersey if they wanna give it away.

I don't even know how some current stuff is "worn" since they do the rookie premiere and they call those used as well and they haven't even played a game yet.

I don't even know how some current stuff is "worn" since they do the rookie premiere and they call those used as well and they haven't even played a game yet.[/QUOTE]

That's how Panini gets away with their little secret verbiage on the back of the card.
    "Event Worn" or "Game Worn Material" or "Official Event" or "Not from any specific game, event, or season."
    The ones that make me laugh is when it's a piece of the nameplate or number and it's not even a letter or number on there jersey.