Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Boggs Knob Numbers, A View On Authentication

Boggs Knob Numbers, A View On Authentication Part 7 of 7

The reality is that bats come into the clubhouse and are shipped and handled in many ways. Could they have been shipped with other bats for spring training and numbered before Boggs got to Fenway or Winter Haven? Possibly. Could they have been mixed and brought on the road necessitating a clubbie to number up the knobs? There is a chance. So what is my point here? Bat authentication by player characteristic (particularly the absence of a player characteristic) is an art and not a science. To be clear, there are many bats I have passed on because they lacked player characteristics, and if I were shopping for a Boggs, the more common number would be part of my analysis of fair value, but I am always cautious before a calling out a bat as fake or fraudulent for lacking those characteristics. Good luck with your collecting!

Soxbats,

This is a great write up! I would suggest to our Admin we move it to the experts section and see what happens.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Thanks David. I think the expert thread is a great add to the board. I tried to post a few messages in there but they apparently are not posted without Mod approval.

Quote Originally Posted by soxbats View Post
    Thanks David. I think the expert thread is a great add to the board. I tried to post a few messages in there but they apparently are not posted without Mod approval.
    I posted something in the experts corner about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't been approved yet.

If you guys need some additional help, someone specifically to approve posts, I will gladly help out.