Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Mastro Shill Bid list!

Please send me the address of the forum with the discussion on this topic since it doesn't look like it can be talked about too openly here. I'm interested in what others are saying/thinking.
    Thanks
    K
    Kelspeck @ gmail . com

I don't understand why the list can't be posted.. As stated it shows several forum members as well as the forum owner, and head of goldin auctions..

Which makes me very concerned..

And actually nobody has been proven guilty in my Eli case but yet that's OK when my name and the topic can be discussed on this forum .

And Ken is very quick to respond to questions and ask that any concerns be brought to his attention.. So I'm sure many are concerned like me and would be nice for Ken to respond about it..

Is it because his auction is live that we can't bring attention to it?

Has this become a one way street??

Thanks..

I saw the lengthy discussion on another forum. It is frustrating that members feel like this cannot be discussed here. Wasn't this forum created to protect collectors?

This large court document has been made public, and admin here says it cannot be posted. Does this protect collectors, or does this protect people named in the document?
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    For sure, quite a read...
    Gorilla, you have a bat collection that's nearly unmatched. I know I cringe, then drool when I see you post. This is only a couple-year window into Mastro's shenanigans. Have you purchased through them? I'm hoping you didn't get directly ripped off. (We all were indirectly ripped off, which is why I'm amazed at the crickets here.)

Ken

Wow, read the list last night... Very frustrated.

Personally I don't see how this list is in violation of either rule posted previously. It's neither an accusation (accepted documentation from a major court case), or "unnecessarily discrediting". This list help put some people away that were very bad for the industry. I don't see that as unnecessary at all.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

I would love to see this list, could someone please email it to me:

wesholden at gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Game Used Universe is aware of the list involving Mastro bidders, which mentions bidders, consignors, and winning bidders, and was offered up by Doug Allen prior to his sentencing. In cooperation with the forum rules, specifically in regard to accusations of wrong doing (rule 16) and unnecessarily discrediting others (rule 17), we ask that the list not be posted to our forum. Thank you for understanding.

Doug Reiser
    Administrator

Please note we asked that the list not be posted in the forum.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I've seen this topic discussed on other forums and some of the reasons why those individuals were shilling are interesting to say the least...

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Please note we asked that the list not be posted in the forum.
    If its allowed to be discussed, how come some posts by other members have been deleted when it didn't show the list.

I feel the list should be on every collector website there is this allows collectors a chance to see how auction houses and cosigners have operated and allows collectors to decided who they want to do business with in the future

Is it sad that many industry heavyweights are involved of course it is, there where names on the list that I was shocked to see but it's out there and I think now collectors can use that list to protect themselves and learn from it.

The industry can hide from the list or allow it to be used as a teaching and learning tool for the new wave of collectors and hopefully continue to try and clean up the industry