Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Mastro Shill Bid list!

I have never seen so many moderators watching and moderating a thread before....

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    If its allowed to be discussed, how come some posts by other members have been deleted when it didn't show the list.

Those posts contained references to the list and names.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

It's sad this board has become so political and that the interests of few are more important then the whole guu community.

Just like in politics follow the money

If nothing else, the sheer amount of times "Mastro Auctions" consigned items, bid on items, and won items makes me want to puke.

Auction houses are kinda like baseball players in the steroid era- you have to assume everyone is doing something they shouldn't be. The list is further evidence. The moderation and censoring of posts in this thread has been shameful. All to protect the "stakeholders" in the hobby.

Everyone in the hobby wants it to be clean and truthful as possible and when there is a list of guys on the list involved with Mastro in one way or another it should be posted so people can decide for themselves if they want to continue to do business with them if they own auction house or a business. Why is it so secretive on here? It makes everything sound more shady and definitely one sided by not letting collectors know who's on the list. Just my view

This list is readily available. When I saw this thread while on my commute home on the bus last night I was able to download it to my iPhone within 10 minutes of searching online. All is being asked that this list not be posted on this thread/site at this point.

Please do not rush to judgement here. The fact that this thread is still opened and was not immediately closed last night should be a positive.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I see both sides- knowing that all of us want to see who was connected with shilling, but one reason I believe it isn't on this thread is to protect those names who were innocent bidders.

Here is the NY Daily News story about the shill bidding court document
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ya...icle-1.2514664
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

This was for sure an interesting read, sad to see what some say is the guy with the best overall Chicago Cubs collection on there many times. Didn't name any names, could be any of them!

Don't I remember a post of someone actually reading the full policy of one of the auction houses and it said if we feel an item is undervalued that we may bid or something of that nature? I'm certain I seen that on here awhile ago on a post.

I'm wondering when someone is going to start looking into mlb auctions!!!