Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Patrick Ewing Vintage Autographed Jersey help

Hi,

I just joined the forum and it's a pleasure to be here. I mostly collect New York Knicks and Rangers memorabilia from the early 1990's. The last great years at The Garden as far as I am concerned.

Anyway, as I said, I am new so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum.

I have a signed Patrick Ewing Jersey and I am wondering what year it is from and if anyone could share their thoughts. The tags are Medalist Sand-Knit which I believe were the official makers of Jerseys for the NBA until 1985. Since it's a Ewing Jersey I originally thought it must be one from his rookie year, but the jersey also has the official NBA Logo which I didn't think was introduced by then. Any thoughts? And thanks in advance! I've attached pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Patrick Ewing Vintage Autographed Jersey help

The presence of the NBA logo and the use of an extra length tag without a year tag would point towards 1986-87 as the most likely time frame. Of course, for those unaware (which I'm sure doesn't include you), a size 40 +2" is way too tiny for Ewig to have worn. A team stock jersey it is, however, just not one issued to the big guy.

Dave Miedema

Re: Patrick Ewing Vintage Autographed Jersey help

Thanks for the help! And of course, I didn't mean to imply I thought it was worn by him.