Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Orioles Authentics Experience

Bringing this thread back up given current mlb.com auction items up for Orioles.

As always, the O's with ridiculous reserve bid prices.

A Machado HR jersey is still not at the reserve price, even with current bid at $2975.

Why can't these guys simply put them out there and have the market dictate the price.

So annoying.

I think the potential resale is what drives all of this . For the Cubs specifically , how many Bryant and Arrieta items in the last 2 years (jerseys and bats) have been bought that have not been re sold ? Probably only a few . Dealers are buying them and turning around and trying to sell them at 20k each . It's out of control . Cubs keep raising prices , auctions keep selling for more , so the dealers end up pricing them higher once they re sell them .

I already feel like MLB auctions gets top dollar on most items (at least with regards to the Orioles). Not sure how these people that pay these high prices are able to turn much of a profit reselling these jerseys. Do you think they make more than they paid, and even if they do, is it enough to justify the hassle of buying and reselling?

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslynch View Post
    I already feel like MLB auctions gets top dollar on most items (at least with regards to the Orioles). Not sure how these people that pay these high prices are able to turn much of a profit reselling these jerseys. Do you think they make more than they paid, and even if they do, is it enough to justify the hassle of buying and reselling?
    Yeah I ask myself that same question often. Check out a similar thread about people flipping this stuff or trying to for a profit. It was mentioned in there that many of these folks are running ebay museums these days not seller accounts as people buy this stuff off MLB auctions and have it listed the next day for 5 times over what they just paid.

I guess there is an idiot born every day but if you are a person who is capable of paying literally 1000's for a game worn star player jersey or bat etc would you not do your due diligence prior to purchasing and check out what similar items have recently sold for?

I don't get how this possibly ever works. As my old high school basketball coach use to say, even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while. I just don't see how this works enough to even be worth the hassle especially when I as a seller rarely if ever break even on an ebay sale these days

Maybe if you had unlimited funds and don't really care if and when the item ever sells but to how many of us does that statement ever apply
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.