Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's bat is this?

I went to an antique market last weekend and found this bat. I have no idea who may have used it, but Mitch Williams is the only name that I could come up with, but I don't think he ever wore #9. Any ideas as to who may have used it?

Re: Who's bat is this?

Kevin Mitchell?

Quote Originally Posted by wfl1974 View Post
    I went to an antique market last weekend and found this bat. I have no idea who may have used it, but Mitch Williams is the only name that I could come up with, but I don't think he ever wore #9. Any ideas as to who may have used it?

Perhaps Kevin Mitchell. He used to have "MITCH" on his bats back in the late eighties.

From Uniwatch: Great find by Bruce Menard.) … Keith Olbermann sent in a shot of Kevin Mitchell going NNOB during his first game with the Giants. This wasn’t so uncommon back in the day when a player got traded, especially if their new team was in the middle of a road trip. The traded player often had to wait a game or two for his NOB. The ’89 Giants probably posed a particularly tricky problem, because their NOB lettering was vertically arched. …
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, that's a surprise to me...I never thought about Kevin Mitchell...I'll have to look to see if there are any potential photo matches out there, although I would be shocked, but who knows? Many thanks for the feedback!

I believe it to be Kevin Mitchell as well. Just curious, how much did you pay for the bat?

Chris

Kevin "Mitch" Mitchell - Cincinnati Reds (but you're correct, he never wore #9). Possible someone else used his bat? BTW, love the edit feature. Used it to resize the bat and make additional comments! Thanks!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Kevin Mitchell Uniform Numbers. Could also be someone with the first name Mitchell.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Russ Mitchell?
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry, I was wrong. Kevin Mitchell did wear #9 one year.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]