Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

1973 Stargell jersey

Does anyone have a 1973 Pirates road jersey? I want to compare the Rawlings tag as mine is on the front inside tail of the jersey. I have some 1972 home jerseys that are all in the back inside tail of the jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Lightbulb Re: 1973 Stargell jersey

I don't have an example to refer to, but the location seems right for the 1973 Pirates gamers. Rawlings began using the right front inside tail in 1973, keeping tags on the right front tail (inside or outside, depending on team) through 1981. In '82, tags began showing up on the left front tail (again, insde or outside varies from team to team. This apples to tail tagging..a few teams used collar tagging for the Rawlings label in the 1980s, as well.

Dave Miedema

Re: 1973 Stargell jersey

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I don't have an example to refer to, but the location seems right for the 1973 Pirates gamers. Rawlings began using the right front inside tail in 1973, keeping tags on the right front tail (inside or outside, depending on team) through 1981. In '82, tags began showing up on the left front tail (again, insde or outside varies from team to team. This apples to tail tagging..a few teams used collar tagging for the Rawlings label in the 1980s, as well.

Dave Miedema
    Thanks for the info Dave