Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Game Used Football Help

Hoping someone on here can help me out with an item I just purchased at an estate sale. It was a sale of the estate of the Raiders former photographer. I bought this football which appears to be used and is signed by many Raiders players. I can for sure make out Ken Stabler, Dan Conners, George Blanda and there are several more. After doing some research I believe that it is from the 1970 season because of the Block Lettering. Does the fact that this type of football was only used for 1 year make it very rare or are they fairly easy to get? Also, does anyone know what the "QB" marking means? Any idea on value? I would appreciate any help someone can give me on this. Also got a game used helmet I will post once I get some pictures. Thanks!

Scott
    sek122482@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Game Used Football Help

You're correct about these being used solely in the 1970 season (IIRC, not even the entire season). Thus, they are definitely not an easy find. Took me a couple years to source one.

The QB marking likely indicates that it was a Raiders practice ball, designated for Quarterback use. Have seen other Raiders balks marked in a similar fashion. A beautiful ball; congrats on the pickup.

Re: Game Used Football Help

Raidernation, thanks for the help! Can you email me at sek122482@yahoo.com? I have a few more questions about the ball. Thanks!

Scott