Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Newport Sports Museum

Does anyone on this board happen to know anyone or anything about this Museum and its extensive collection?

It is now closed and I have been unsuccessful tracking down former employees or a point of contact from this museum.

I recently picked up a jersey and cleats which were previously displayed at this museum and I am trying to learn more information about my items.

Your help is appreciated.

Re: Newport Sports Museum

Most if not all of the collection was auctioned off by SCP actions over the last several years.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Most if not all of the collection was auctioned off by SCP actions over the last several years.
    Yes, I recently picked up an item from the Superbowl 50 auction which came from the museum. I have been trying to find anyone I can talk to who may have previously been affiliated with the museum.

The owner of the museum was essentially selling off his collection, trying to fully retire. Also, the cost of maintaining the location for all those years was costly and I believe there were a couple of smash and grab break-ins towards the end that made the choice easier....so getting in touch with John may be tough. I can go by there and see if anyone is still working out of the location, but I kind of doubt it, as it's expensive real estate to hang on to and it was a big space....

Thanks,

Ben

PM me, I will give you Johns cell number.

i visited here when i lived in Riverside a couple years back. Such an awesome collection in a good location.
    Ebay seller: mancaveauctions

Collecting Marlins Game Used jerseys, Jeff Conine,
    250 HR / 250 SB Club Members.

Quote Originally Posted by mook03005 View Post
    i visited here when i lived in Riverside a couple years back. Such an awesome collection in a good location.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by SharksFan View Post
    PM me, I will give you Johns cell number.
    I too recently picked up an item from the Newport museum at auction and had a question. I tried sending u a pm but it says you don't accept them. Can u please send me an email to ptgrad2004@yahoo.com
    Thanks John