Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carbonrosa
    • Jun 2012

Re: Game Used Hit Baseball Collection

Picked up some great baseballs this past week.

My favorite Pitcher right now MAD Max helping his own cause by picking up his First Hit of the year! A 2 RBI DOUBLE against the Phillies on 4/16/16.
    Gotta love the devil horn fist pump !!
    Attached Files

Comment

• carbonrosa
      • Jun 2012

The Mets Michael Conforto has been red hot so far batting 3rd in the line-up.

Here's his RBI Double Hit against the Indians. 18th Career Double / 31st Career RBI
      Attached Files

Comment

• Swoboda4
        • Nov 2005

I've gotten into this aspect of game used just this year and I better stop if I want to pay the rent.
        Attached Files

Comment

• lakeerie92
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Swoboda4
          I've gotten into this aspect of game used just this year and I better stop if I want to pay the rent.
          Good to see you found a way to display baseballs that tell their story. You have come along way since the "reason we don't prefer collecting baseballs" thread. Glad to see you have gotten onboard and enjoy it.
          Russell Wuerffel
          Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
          lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• TBM
            • Aug 2015

I agree, Swoboda4 you have come along way since that particular thread. I'm glad to see that you have changed your tune on collecting the actual ball from the baseball game. You have some very nice balls there that anyone would love to have in their collection. Those balls are the heart and soul of the game and I believe they are the most important thing in the game. After all if there were no baseball there would be no baseball game. My very first GU item was a ball and I only dreamed of expanding my collection from there. Ill post some of my favorite balls on here sometime soon.

Comment

• Swoboda4
              • Nov 2005

Lakeerie92 and TBM, I apologize. I'm amazed. And I'm watching AT BAT to know and describe more about what a ball went through before it went out of play. MLB's last play description isn't enough. I'm describing 4x's more what happened then what they are. Syndergaard's ball wouldn't be 99 mph unless I watched the pitch before....

Comment

• lakeerie92
                • Oct 2008

Lakeerie92 and TBM, I apologize. I'm amazed. And I'm watching AT BAT to know and describe more about what a ball went through before it went out of play. MLB's last play description isn't enough. I'm describing 4x's more what happened then what they are. Syndergaard's ball wouldn't be 99 mph unless I watched the pitch before....
                Nothing at all to apologize for. I thought it was funny that you are now so into them.
                Russell Wuerffel
                Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• Swoboda4
                  • Nov 2005

I know. Here's one more. You know you may have a collecting problem when you find stuff you forgot you bought.
                  But here's my example again; the MLB Authentication correctly states this baseball was thrown by Niese with Bourn hitting a single and Prado hitting a triple. Good enough for any game used baseball. But I went to MLB At Bat and found the game wasn't available (2011) but the Gameday was, and the inning by inning breakdown revealed the ball was also thrown by Thole to Justin Turner who tagged Bourn out in an attempt to steal second. I'm glad I found that out. I guess what's interesting about collecting baseballs, which I didn't realize, is that you can find out additional things that happened to the ball that wasn't listed (Eg: Did Jeter touch the ball? Did Syndergaard throw it 100mph? Is the fly out baseball caught by an all-star?). You find this out before the sale or auction's end and bid accordingly. So if one of Syndergaard's pitched baseballs are researched and found to have been thrown 100mph, I believe it to be worth more and the effort to get it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• lakeerie92
                    • Oct 2008

I know. Here's one more. You know you may have a collecting problem when you find stuff you forgot you bought.
                    But here's my example again; the MLB Authentication correctly states this baseball was thrown by Niese with Bourn hitting a single and Prado hitting a triple. Good enough for any game used baseball. But I went to MLB At Bat and found the game wasn't available (2011) but the Gameday was, and the inning by inning breakdown revealed the ball was also thrown by Thole to Justin Turner who tagged Bourn out in an attempt to steal second. I'm glad I found that out. I guess what's interesting about collecting baseballs, which I didn't realize, is that you can find out additional things that happened to the ball that wasn't listed (Eg: Did Jeter touch the ball? Did Syndergaard throw it 100mph? Is the fly out baseball caught by an all-star?). You find this out before the sale or auction's end and bid accordingly. So if one of Syndergaard's pitched baseballs are researched and found to have been thrown 100mph, I believe it to be worth more and the effort to get it.
                    I sold that ball to you!
                    Russell Wuerffel
                    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• Swoboda4
                      • Nov 2005

Ha! Got any more?! Talk about funny.

Comment

• cjmezz
                        • Jan 2016

Four Consecutive Trout Hits over a 4 game span. 2 Singles and 2 Doubles

Comment

• Swoboda4
                          • Nov 2005

CJMEZZ, those four are great. A fresh crop from this year.

Comment

• Swoboda4
                            • Nov 2005

And the hits keep on coming.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• helf35
                              • Jul 2013

I have noticed a lot of strike out balls become labeled as fouls to the screen or pitches in the dirt to the following batter.

Comment

• lakeerie92
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by helf35
                                I have noticed a lot of strike out balls become labeled as fouls to the screen or pitches in the dirt to the following batter.
                                I can definitely attest to the fact that K baseballs are much harder to get than hits. Pitchers fairly commonly throw hits out of play because they don't want to use that baseball anymore. I talked to Andrew Cashner about it and joked with him that he should throw out all of the strike out baseballs and he said that I was crazy, those are the best baseballs and they want to keep using them. Third out K's get thrown in the stands by the catcher normally so the authenticators really have to be on their game to get strike out baseballs by following them through multiple at bats.
                                Russell Wuerffel
                                lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

Working...