Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Montreal Expos game used jersey

Hello everyone

I have no idea how to evaluate a game used jersey to see if it's real or not. Can someone take a look at this lot on Ebay and give me is opinion?
    Here's the link
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-ALMON-1...kAAOSwDuJWuRJA
    Thanks
    Alain

Re: Montreal Expos game used jersey

This 1980 jersey looks to have a neck tag not a lower tag like that one, but then it's got the year tag all alone and it looks like a lower tag may have been there....so not very helpful http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/lot-55684.aspx

Not specifically jersey-related, but Baseball Reference doesn't list #6 as a number he wore with the Expos.... but I did find an image of him wearing it on a baseball card.... which would make me think Spring Training... and he wasn't with Montreal very long that season, so why would it be a set 2?

He wore #19 in Spring Training then #6 in the season. There are photos of him wearing both numbers. A couple of the ones showing him with #19 are definitely Spring Training.

Almon was drafted by my Padres #1 out of Brown University. Major trade (joke) sent him to Montreal for Dave Cash.

RJB44 is correct. A quick search of the Internet shows Bill wore 19 during spring training and 6 during the regular season. A spring training jersey would have, more than likely, been a recycled one. There's no concern on having a set two being that he started the year with the Expos.

You can tell by the fading on the shoulder blue stripes that this one saw minor league use. Probably remnants of a nameplate will be around the NOB. Dave Meidema should be able to corroborate that practice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Banned

Smile Re: Montreal Expos game used jersey

Quote Originally Posted by R. C. Walker View Post
    Almon was drafted by my Padres #1 out of Brown University. Major trade (joke) sent him to Montreal for Dave Cash.

RJB44 is correct. A quick search of the Internet shows Bill wore 19 during spring training and 6 during the regular season. A spring training jersey would have, more than likely, been a recycled one. There's no concern on having a set two being that he started the year with the Expos.

You can tell by the fading on the shoulder blue stripes that this one saw minor league use. Probably remnants of a nameplate will be around the NOB. Dave Meidema should be able to corroborate that practice.
    RC is correct. Most Expos jerseys of that era were recycled in the minors, and the Expos, unlike many teams, would sew plated NOBs and even plated logos over the MLB NOB and logo.

From what I can see in the photos, it looks reasonable to me.

Thanks everyone!

Larry walker bat available rcmp69@hotmail.com

Alain ill be in Montreal this week with a Montreal expos team issue helmet perfect for autographs. Rcmp69@hotmail.com