Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Exclamation Stadium security 2016

I just saw a report on the news tonight that the Cubs will be requiring all fans to pass through metal detectors at stadium gates effective Opening Day. The ballpark, for the opener, at least, will be opened 2 1/2 hours before game time, instead of the usual 2 hours. No word yet on whether the extra half hour will be extended at any other times this season.

If there are new or enhanced security procedures at your home ballpark in 2016, inform us here. These precautions are necessary, and I'm not complaining about them by any means, but, for fans visiting unfamiliar or out-of-area ballparks, the knowledge in advance would certainly help.

Dave Miedema

Re: Stadium security 2016

The A's, Raiders and Warriors have had fans pass through metal detectors for at least a year or two now. You also have to put all of your items in a plastic tray just like the airport. The only difference is you don't have to take your shoes off!

new England patriots do the same

Banned

Cool Re: Stadium security 2016

I read in an Internet article that the White Sox started this in 2015, although I have gone through a metal detector at the disabled/seniors gate since 2014.

Dave M.

Camden Yards instituted this in 2015 as well....

Texas Rangers have been doing this for sometime; everything out of pockets in plastic bins (cell phones, etc.) and security goes through purses and backpacks prior to entering gates.

Seattle does security checks , had a buddy's buddy get a hunting knife taken away and returned after the game (don't ask why he had it, no idea). I love it, considering everyone and their uncle has access to guns in the USA I enjoy the extra security. Not to mention I won't worry about sitting next to a pressure cooker.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Stadium security 2016

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I read in an Internet article that the White Sox started this in 2015, although I have gone through a metal detector at the disabled/seniors gate since 2014.

Dave M.
    The White Sox have also installed safety netting that stretches from the home plate screen to just short of the edge of each dugout on the home plate side. The open space between the net and the dugout is maybe 2 peope wide; good for protection for the fans in the choice box seats, but bad for autograph collectors, as the players rarely stop to sign through the net.

Dave M.

I was at a Royals game last weekend. The put in the full body metal detectors like airports have. It seemed to help make getting in easier and more organized. Then again I'm one of those that stant at the front of the line and getting there 2 hours before the gates open, especially on bobblehead day. I liked the change from the hand wand. Very present experiance considering we have to go through it anyways.