Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Increase in people flipping jerseys?

Just curious if anyone else has notice and increase in this trend....
    Someone buys a jersey on NFL or MLB auctions and 24 hours later they have it listed on ebay for at least 40% more than what they bought it for.

To me, it seems like I am seeing a lot more of that happening, jus curious if anyone else has noticed an upward trend on that as well, since ebay lets people list whatever item at any price with a make an offer.

In part, I get it because I always say everything I have is always for sale for the right price. Also, it is the owner's right to do whatever they want with the product they own. Just overall seems a little annoying because the game used collecting community is the that big and really most serious collector's check the NFL and MLB auctions searching for the team or player they collect and the majority of all the people that would have wanted that item would have won it at auction anyways.

Re: Increase in people flipping jerseys?

I noticed that on ebay in general...someone won a Kyrie Irving Meigray gamer for I believe 2700 and now the buyer has it up for 5500.

This certainly was rampant during the 2015 Post season. A lot of Mets game used playoff and world series items were on ebay right after either being purchased directly from the team or off of mlb auctions. However, I 've yet to see someone who brought a $3500 helmet for example get the 21K they are asking for on ebay.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

yeah and its beyond annoying. i get the whole its theirs and they can do what they want with it BS but come on. These people take the fun out of the hobby and makes it not fun anymore. i gotta battle a scalper for it on auctions then if i really want it pay his price? no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CPuente57 View Post
    I noticed that on ebay in general...someone won a Kyrie Irving Meigray gamer for I believe 2700 and now the buyer has it up for 5500.
    Yes, he is a member here... He has done that frequently.. also on nba auctions.. typically he lists things for at least 100% more of what he paid. I have bought a few thousand dollars worth of steiner items that he had.. At the time, the knicks shooting shirts weren't available without purchase of a jersey.. he bought the whole team set and broke it up selling about half to me.. maybe i shouldn've just bought the whole team set.. He was great to deal with though...

Sometimes I'm grateful for a chance to buy something I missed. There are some items I don't mind overpaying for and as long as the seller is reasonable, we can usually come to some agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
    Sometimes I'm grateful for a chance to buy something I missed. There are some items I don't mind overpaying for and as long as the seller is reasonable, we can usually come to some agreement.
    I have never missed an item and then seen it appear on eBay. Less than a week later. I always check NFL auctions for new stuff and keep tabs on what i want. If i did miss something though it would be a different story, or if they had the item a while.

Many seem to think they're "dealers" nowadays...you could probably start a thread called "Does anybody collect anymore?"

I know two examples I've seen recently are the Manny Machado and Carlos Correa game used St Patrick's day jerseys. Somehow the seller got complete pics of the Manny jersey less than 24 hours after it sold, I'm not even sure how that's possible. It is definitely annoying though I agree. The Correa one is listed for $8K and it sold for way less than half that.

I've never understood the thought process behind this movement...

So you were the highest bidder in an auction, meaning you paid the highest price for X item. Then, you think that you're going to list X item in a different auction, days later, and someone is going to pay 10-20-50% more than you did in the previous auction?

Good plan.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey