Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: April Pickups

Re: April Pickups

99 Paul O'Neill. Great use with tons of cleat marks and signed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I have been chasing after this particular Joe Torre bat for a few years now and finally have it in my possession.

Banned

Talking Re: April Pickups

I grabbed career baseball #1808 today during a Rangers long toss session at the Cell, and it came with a surprise. I don't know how many other MLB teams are doing this since this was my first game of the year, but Texas was using at least some 2016 Spring Training Baseballs (with the Arizona version of the Interstate road sign) in this drill. That's what I got, and it was a once game-used baseball on top of it (mud rub and surface wear). GUU members going to early season BP sessions might want to be on the lookout for these (or the Florida version).

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I grabbed career baseball #1808 today during a Rangers long toss session at the Cell, and it came with a surprise. I don't know how many other MLB teams are doing this since this was my first game of the year, but Texas was using at least some 2016 Spring Training Baseballs (with the Arizona version of the Interstate road sign) in this drill. That's what I got, and it was a once game-used baseball on top of it (mud rub and surface wear). GUU members going to early season BP sessions might want to be on the lookout for these (or the Florida version).

Dave Miedema
    In Oakland the White Sox were using the spring training baseballs to warm up the outfielders between innings and also to warm up the relief pitchers in the bullpen during the opening series. they were using "practice" baseballs for batting practice.

Using special baseballs during batting practice and in bullpens is common. I have gotten or people around me have gotten many special balls over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    The Blue Jays and Rays were using the FL balls during Opening Series BP.

Banned

Cool Re: April Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by dnrapp View Post
    In Oakland the White Sox were using the spring training baseballs to warm up the outfielders between innings and also to warm up the relief pitchers in the bullpen during the opening series. they were using "practice" baseballs for batting practice.

Using special baseballs during batting practice and in bullpens is common. I have gotten or people around me have gotten many special balls over the years.
    True...I've gotten ASG, WS and other special logo baseballs occasionally for over 20 years of hawking BP. This is just the latest example, and I wanted to be sure GUU members knew of this for upcoming games they might attend.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Not for sale. Thought you might want to see this. I have had this for years now.

Attachment 98990
    very nice

how you that poster?

2003 Adrian Beltre game used bat...

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    2003 Adrian Beltre game used bat...
    Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post