Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you guys think of the new MLB matte finish batting helmets for 2016?

Last season I believe the D-Backs wore them,but now the entire NL West is wearing them and the Pirates.I couldn't believe my eyes when I was watching the Dodgers vs Giants game and both of these classic teams had changed to the matte finish helmets.On the Dodgers helmet they also have a 3-D L.A. logo that is much thicker on the helmet.Someone told me they look almost like a cap.What are your thoughts?

Re: What do you guys think of the new MLB matte finish batting helmets for 2016?

Re: What do you guys think of the new MLB matte finish batting helmets for 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by War Helmets View Post
    Last season I believe the D-Backs wore them,but now the entire NL West is wearing them and the Pirates.I couldn't believe my eyes when I was watching the Dodgers vs Giants game and both of these classic teams had changed to the matte finish helmets.On the Dodgers helmet they also have a 3-D L.A. logo that is much thicker on the helmet.Someone told me they look almost like a cap.What are your thoughts?
    They look ok to me but I hope my Braves don't switch to them I prefer the shiny finish

Why do they keep messing with stuff? Looks like crap in my opinion... What was wrong with the classy pro shine? They look like lego figures now.

I like it, think the Rockies look good, especially in person!

Granted, it usually pretty nice out at Coors Field, so less glare the better...
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

They dont look too bad on the black helmets imo,but the lighter colors I don't like.The kids like them as my son plays H.S baseball & they wear them and all the teams they play does.I bet a million dollars the Yankees won't include themselves in this new trend

I really like them. I would love to get a Pirates one.

Having seen them in person I can say they look fantastic. I actually think they look classier than the shiny variation.