Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Wooden Bat holders

I've been admiring everyone's wooden hang-down style bat holders and was wondering where a recommended place to purchase them might be? Is there a nice way to display individual bats horizontally? I was thinking of putting them above my windows in my office.

One last question - any reason not to let a cracked bat hang?

Thanks,
    ZAch

Re: Wooden Bat holders

JT Sports has some really nice bat racks: https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedba...il.cfm?c=Racks

I hope I don’t breach the policies of the forum (and I have no affiliation with this company), but I have had great dealings with a company called Cooperstown Sportsworld, in Cooperstown, NY.
    http://www.cooperstownsportsworld.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=2

If you get to their site, go to category “bat holders”. The guy I have dealt with is Alan Basile. They have many different types of wood bat holders custom made from solid oak, both vertical and horizontal. You can get them in three different finishes or order them unfinished to do it yourself. They will do custom work upon request. This guy has been a gem to do business with.

If I’m not suppose to provide the link and it gets removed, you can e-mail me and I will forward the information I have to you.

mwbosoxfan
    joldham@pld.com

Cheap and quick way to make your own. Found a 5 peg coat rack at my local craft store and bought 5 additional pegs (gonna add more later). Brought it home, added the pegs where they needed to go and stained it. First rack in pic cost under $10 Total - Second rack with shelf cost under $20 total.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Hi Bill -

I like the peg idea - Thanks!

Quick question from a complete "handy" idiot - how did you attach the other peg? Do you just screw it in from the back of the base?

THanks,

Zach

Hi Zach,
    You will have to drill new holes. Or you could buy 2 of the racks in the first pic and run them horizontal. Hope that helps.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !