Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Game Used Chicago White Sox Jersey?

Hi, I was told this is game used. Knowing nothing about White Sox Jerseys, I figured that one of the more knowledgeable persons here could help me. It shows wear and pilling. It is a later style Wilson and has an options tag. It came with a large lot of stuff, so I didn't pay much for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Game Used Chicago White Sox Jersey?

Didn't the wilson gamers havce no visible logos on Sleeves?

I've never seen a Wilson sleeve patch like that, and the size tag reads XL. A Major League jersey should be sized like a 48 or 50, etc.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Game Used Chicago White Sox Jersey?

While Wilson did make some White Sox road unis from 1992-99, none have had alpha sizes (as salukidave ponted out) and none have a Wilson sleeve logo (also mentioned by him). The Wilson Sox roads I have seen had all tagging in the left front tail, with a strip tag bearing the name, year and set.
    Wilson has never been an officially contracted supplier of MLB uniforms since the first contract was issued for the 1987 season. Anything with a Wilson sleeve logo is, at best, a minor league jersey, and could be something else, but was not issued to the MLB White Sox.

Dave Miedema

Sox had a sock sleeve patch also which is not shown in photos. Absolutely not a gamer.