Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: The Emergence of Ticket Collecting

I don't have much but this my favorite, 1984 USFL NJ Generals season ticket sheet, missing Game 1 unfortunately
    Attached Images Attached Images  

----> carbonrosa.

You want to have some fun?

I have about 150 lbs or so, of Yankees tickets (stubs and full season booklets) -- from early 90's to the present. They are in boxes in the basement.

Want to sort through them?

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    ----> carbonrosa.

You want to have some fun?

I have about 150 lbs or so, of Yankees tickets (stubs and full season booklets) -- from early 90's to the present. They are in boxes in the basement.

Want to sort through them?
    AHHH YEAH I would love to do that! Do you live in NYC? I'm in Queens. Email me if you're serious and we'll make a day of it carbonrosa@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Do you have any Bucs doubles to trade? I need a few from 1976 and I will be complete the first three years. I have some nice 1977 doubles, including the first home win.
    I don't have any dups but I do see the '76 ones pop up on ebay now and then so I am sure you can find the ones you need. I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    AHHH YEAH I would love to do that! Do you live in NYC? I'm in Queens. Email me if you're serious and we'll make a day of it carbonrosa@aol.com

i am in NYC.

And I dont think a day would be enough --- unless you already have the game dates you are looking for.

If not, it is going to be an entire day just looking through baseball-reference.com

I used to have spread sheets set up for some of them, and then things just got out of hands. Now, I only kept the major milestones - some I had signed, some I had graded and the rest, just sit in boxes.

I know a got a couple GEM 10 for DJ3K.

Super Moderator

I grew up an Expos fan... So at one point I obtained a set of tickets to every lost game from the 1994 season. Definitely not game used.

I also have tickets from...

Nolan Ryan vs Ventura fight
    Game 5 1985 nlcs (Ozzie hr, go crazy folks)
    Game 6 2011 World Series (greatest game ever played)
    Hank Aaron 715
    Tony Gwynn 3000
    Jackie Robinson's final UCLA football game
    Don Larsens perfect game
    Etc... Mostly random moments that interest me

I can't compared tickets to game used. There are just so many tickets issued to every game (historically, prior to online tickets and smartphones). People have collected tickets, seemingly since their creation. For any event, known to be significant at the time, tickets are pretty easily found. From an availability stand point, I'd say they are closer to baseball cards and other printed collectibles. I've started to collect a game used baseball from each game I attend (purchased from the team store) I guess that's similar to keeping a ticket to remember the day.

This is an interesting topic indeed. Never thought about tickets as "game used". I just got my first ticket in today and I must say, they are quite cool pieces to collect. Here's my only addition to this thread.

1964 World Series Game 6 ticket. Both Mantle and Maris homered. It was Mantle's 17th of his postseason career (second to last) and Maris' 5th of his postseason career (also his second to last)

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    With the increase in technology they could become more limited and further increase in value. A large quantity of people print tickets at home or now the popular thing to do is use your phone. Anyone know if teams offer the season ticket packages with full downloaded tickets? I wonder if there will be a time when teams scrap them all together?

The Nuggets have offered a fully paperless system for about 4 years if you want it. Go to flashseats, see the list of teams in multiple sports and that would give you an idea of some who offer the same.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by dougiedshow View Post
    I can't compared tickets to game used. There are just so many tickets issued to every game (historically, prior to online tickets and smartphones). People have collected tickets, seemingly since their creation. For any event, known to be significant at the time, tickets are pretty easily found. From an availability stand point, I'd say they are closer to baseball cards and other printed collectibles. I've started to collect a game used baseball from each game I attend (purchased from the team store) I guess that's similar to keeping a ticket to remember the day.
    Doug, as per my previous post, I think we are in the same place regarding opinions about the genre of memorabilia tickets would fit in.
    You also bring up an interesting point that I believe was touched on previously in this thread that there may be less tickets in the future given the advent of electronic mediums.
    Nice collection of tickets by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by arott23 View Post
    This is an interesting topic indeed. Never thought about tickets as "game used". I just got my first ticket in today and I must say, they are quite cool pieces to collect. Here's my only addition to this thread.

1964 World Series Game 6 ticket. Both Mantle and Maris homered. It was Mantle's 17th of his postseason career (second to last) and Maris' 5th of his postseason career (also his second to last)

Very, very cool!

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by arott23 View Post

Here's a perfect, ready made frame for your '64 WS ticket:

http://m.thatsmyticket.com/bstlpt64ws.html