Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Set Thread

Re: Team Set Thread

Thanks Ben. Yeah Palmer jerseys show up fairly often too. The two I see a bunch of are Lee May and Singleton jerseys. Not sure why though.

Been Working on stars from the mid 80s. Fair amount of overlap between the 85 and 87 WS teams and a little from 82'
    Attached Images Attached Images      

These are the only items in my collection that I consider even close to a team set. In 2015 the Royals set a team record for players voted as starters in the All-Star game. At the end of the voting four Royals were voted in as starters, including Alex Gordon who would be on the DL and was replaced as a started in the AS game. The others were Lorenzo Cain, Salvador Perez and Alcides Escobar. Two pitchers also joined the remaining starters. As a bonus Mike Moustakas won the overall final player vote.

In the end there were four Royals position players that got at bats in the 2015 AS game. I have two of the batting helmets that were worn in those at bats. Alcides Escobar went 1-3 with a run scored wearing one of the helmets I have. The other was worn by Mike Moustakas who struck out facing 100 mph fastballs from Aroldis Chapman. For both of these players it was their first AS game appearance. As a bonus these have been signed by the player and are double authenticated, once for game use and once for the autograph.

I have seen Lorenzo Cain's 2015 AS game helmet in the Royals Hall of Fame so I know that helmet is not available to the open market. As for Salvador Perez I have not been able to locate his 2015 AS game helmet. So at this time I am 90% sure I have every 2015 Royals AS game batting helmet that has been on the open market, thus making this as close as possible 2015 Royals ASG batting helmets team set.

Inspired by the 86 Mets reunion last night so here's my 86 team set.

Group 1 Dykstra, Backman, Hernandez, Strawberry, Carter, Knight,, Wilson, Santana, Gooden
    Group 2 Aguilera, Darling, Ojeda, Fernandez, Orosco, McDowell, Myers, Leach, Sisk
    Group 3 Anderson, Berenyi, Neimann, Kevin Mitchell,Lyons, Teufel,Corcoran, Maz, Heep
    Group 4 Magadan, Gibbons, Hojo, Elster, Jefferson, Hearn,Foster, John Mitchell, 86 Black Bat
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

2000 Mets team set

Group 1 Timo Perez, Fonzy, Mike Piazza (2000 WS), Robin Ventura (STUMPY) , Benny Agbayani (99 LCS), Jay Payton, Mike Bordick (2000 WS), Mike Hampton (2000 WS)
    Group 2 Al Leiter (2000 WS), Bobby Jones, Rick Reed (NLCS bat), Glendon Rusch, Pat Mahomes, Rich Rodriquez, Turk Wendell, Dennis Cook, Rick White
    Group 3 John Franco, Armando Benitez, Darryl Hamilton, Matt Franco, Derek Bell, Lenny Harris, Joe McEwing, Rey Ordonez
    Group 4 Vance Wilson, Jorge Velandia, Bubba Trammell regular season (note Tampa Bay Devil Rays blacked out on barrel), Bubba Trammel (2000 WS), Jorge Toca, Eric Camack, Mike Kinkade, Rickey Henderson (99 LCS), Matt Franco (2000 WS), Kurt Abbott (2000 WS)
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

2015 Team set ( building in progress)

Group 1 Granderson, Wright, Murphy, Cespedes, Duda, T'Arnaud, Flores, Cuddyer, Colon
    Group 2 Clippard, A. Torres, Verrett, Blevins, Meija, Robles, O'Flaherty, C. Torres, Familia
    Group 3 Reynolds, Monell, Mayberry Jr., Johnson, Plawecki, Ceciliani, Largares, Campbell, Murphy Mother's Day
    Group 4 2015 WS bats - Wright, Murphy, Cespedes, Reynolds, Neiwenhuis, Duda, Johnson
    metsbats86@aol.com

1988 Team set (only collect post season bats for the 88 team)
    metsbats86@aol.com

My 3 gamer's from the 96 Yankees.

Bernie
    O'Neill
    Jeter

Really nice stuff, all of you

The closest thing I have to what I'd call a team set.

Geovany Soto's game used Alternate jersey from Carlos Zambrano's No Hitter versus the Houston Astros on September 14th, 2008. Acquired directly from PCM Sports (Soto's exclusive game used dealer at the time) and MLB Authenticated as Team Issued - Player Collected on September 15th, 2008. Only Zambrano's jersey was authenticated as game used the night of the game.

Miguel Montero's game used Alternate jersey from Jake Arrieta's No-Hitter versus the Los Angeles Dodgers on August 30th, 2015 (MLB Authenticated).
    Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items