Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Balls ink

Balls ink

Anyone ever hear of balls ink? Are they reputable?

Re: Balls ink

Are they the company out of NJ?

Yes

I know they do a lot of private signings. I cannot find anything horrible on them like any reports of fake items. Only people mad at cancelations of signings. So that is encouraging.

Ok awesome I bought a signed pedro martinez pic from an honest collector who had gotten it from a private signing at balls ink in 97, through a fellow named eddie arroyo. It doesn't look like some of the sigs I've seen online but I. managed to compare it to a psa signature and the p and the straight line. I posted the pics in the autograph forum. I'm hoping itwas the way he signed back then.

Everybody who collects autographs especially anything sourced to prior to 2006 would be doing themselves a huge favor by reading "Operation Bullpen," by Kevin Nelson. It is a good read especially for collectors, but it really opened my eyes to how rampant forgeries were. It was actually shocking.

That being said I in no way have heard of the company or have any opinion on them. I am also not stating that your signature may be fake. I just think anyone who is collecting autographs should read this book.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    Everybody who collects autographs especially anything sourced to prior to 2006 would be doing themselves a huge favor by reading "Operation Bullpen," by Kevin Nelson. It is a good read especially for collectors, but it really opened my eyes to how rampant forgeries were. It was actually shocking.

That being said I in no way have heard of the company or have any opinion on them. I am also not stating that your signature may be fake. I just think anyone who is collecting autographs should read this book.
    I agree 100%

I've looked into Operation Bullpen and checked their list of accused and charged forgers when I was researching Balls Ink, not that the absence of a company name or accused name means anything.....

This collector had taken pics on his own at different venues and got most signed in person but a few he used private signings. So I guess I can try contacting Balls Ink directly and ask if they have records from signings in 1997.....or it could be a big ol fake

Dennis

The list is a good start but read the actual book if you get a chance.

Rich Hernandez is the owner of Balls Ink Authentic Memorabilia

201-842-8825
    888-229-3328

One of those should work.

Ballsinkam@aol.com