Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June Pickups

June Pickups

Ebay purchase that arrived yesterday...While the seller had mistakenly identified this Orioles helmet from 1989 used by Francisco Melendez, this helmet is actually from 1988 and used by outfielder Keith Hughes:

1962 Bob Gibson ASG bat

The FedEx guy just showed up with my 1962 Bob Gibson All-Star Game bat. I now have both Gibson's and Musial's bats from the game played in D.C. the year I was born. There was one other Cardinal who made the All-Star team that year -- Ken Boyer. If you know where I can find his bat, please let me know.

Banned

Re: 1962 Bob Gibson ASG bat

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    The FedEx guy just showed up with my 1962 Bob Gibson All-Star Game bat. I now have both Gibson's and Musial's bats from the game played in D.C. the year I was born. There was one other Cardinal who made the All-Star team that year -- Ken Boyer. If you know where I can find his bat, please let me know.

Incredible bat! That was the first of the 2 1962 ASGs, wasn't it, as I believe the second one was played at Wrigley Field.

Dave Miedema

Re: June Pickups

Harper Single and Sac Fly RBI from last month.

Wayne Gretzky signed replica Jofa helmet UDA.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Manny Ramirez batting gloves

Aramis Ramirez Game used signed batting gloves

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Incredible bat! That was the first of the 2 1962 ASGs, wasn't it, as I believe the second one was played at Wrigley Field.

Dave Miedema
    That's correct, Dave. Gibson's first ASG (though he didn't play) and one of Musial's last (he got his 20th and last ASG hit, a record at the time, in the D.C. game -- possibly with this bat, which was gifted to Spahn).

NOAH SYNDERGAARD vs DANIEL MURPHY. Murphy's first at bat in NY as a National- May 17, 2016- top of the 2nd inning. With the count 2-2, this is the final pitch to Murphy in that first at bat; thrown at 100 mph. Flied out to Matt Reynolds at 3rd, making his major league debut and first ML play. I got this from MLB auctions and no doubt the final price was a result of the 100 mph pitch status and the Murphy drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post

Great bat, Jeff.