Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I Try To Get It Signed

I Have The Matt Kemp Jackie Robinson Day Jersey Question Is Should I Leave It Blank Or Should I Try And Get It Signed?

Re: Should I Try To Get It Signed

Its your jersey so why ask us? If you want it signed then get it signed. Do what you want not what anyone else wants.

The best thing to do is to do what makes you happy with it. That is the consensus. Some people like to have the items signed while others prefer it not to be signed. So in the end it's really up to you and what you want.

Signatures on jerseys also pose a problem of their own. If you use the wrong kind of pen the auto can fade or blead making the jersey look bad. Another problem is getting the signature and it looks like crap to begin with as players may be in a hurry to get it done and just slap their signature on there.

Me, I go back and forth. I've got lots of hats and jerseys and only two are signed. There are some I would like to have signed at times but will probably never have that done.

Do what makes you happy.

Crappy signatures is majority of the reason why i posted the question i have seen a lot of matt kemp sigs lately and i haven't been impressed by what i have seen. and based off of the experienced collectors out here i wanted to weigh out the pros and cons. thanks for the feedback

I personally hate signed jerseys but if you like it go for it

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
    Crappy signatures is majority of the reason why i posted the question i have seen a lot of matt kemp sigs lately and i haven't been impressed by what i have seen. and based off of the experienced collectors out here i wanted to weigh out the pros and cons. thanks for the feedback
    Then I definitely would pass... why waste a good jersey with a crap looking sig.

Banned

Cool Re: Should I Try To Get It Signed

Do what your own interests tell you to. Either way, if you choose to move it down the road, there will be plenty of buyers whichever approach is taken. I don't believe that either with autograph or without autograph preferences are significantly larger than the other.

Dave Miedema

If you get it signed, I recommend getting it signed at a paid signing.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    If you get it signed, I recommend getting it signed at a paid signing.
    i agree i went to the trayce thompson signing and his signature came out great

I went through this with a 2014 Tulowitzki Jackie Robinson day jersey. I finally had the chance to have him sign it in Spring Training a year later and decided against it. The nice thing with the #42 jersey is you can usually get a nice photo of the player in the uniform. I searched and found a great Getty image of Tulo making one of his famous side arm throws in the game he wore the jersey. Just had them framed together and came out great. I honestly think I would be disappointed if I had him sign it.