Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Question for White Sox collectors about 1970s/80s collared jersey

I just picked up what appears to be one of the infamous late 70s/early 80s softball style collared jerseys. It is made of mesh material and measures about 27.5" from top of the collar to the bottom and 22" from pit to pit. I did a bit of research it appears that the manufacturing tag would place this jersey in the 1979-81 era but theres no set tag. This jersey is pretty beat up and I'm not sure if there ever was a set tag or if it was removed. The white threads on the seams originally were the same color as the mesh jersey but had become white. The back of the jersey has a #15 patch on the back but the inner part appears to have been removed or possibly ripped off from excessive use/washing. Additionally you can see that there used to be a nameplate on the back. Was this jersey originally a Chicago White Sox major league jersey that was converted for a Sox minor league affiliate later on or could it have been made simply for a Sox minor league team? I've always been a fan of this quirky jersey design so I'd love to hear what you guys think and learn more.

thanks,
    -Sherman
    Attached Images Attached Images