Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

86 Reunion jerseys

Anyone know what the Mets are planning to do with the ceremony worn player jerseys from Ypres 5/28 game. I put in a reservation for my favorite player and have not received any responses to my emails or voice mails. Anyone been able to reserve and purchase one?
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: 86 Reunion jerseys

Metsbats you are not alone in your lack of hearing anything back from them. In general I've noticed a very sharp decline in their service outside of being AT Citi Field this year. Mav who had been handling the program has since moved on to a different position within the organization. I've spoken with Brian and Bennett in person on separate occasions during this season about picking up some game balls as well as a spring jersey or two and a regular season pinstripe jersey (non-throwback style) and to date I haven't received any responses back.

Aside from that they haven't put up any new auctions through MLB in the last few weeks. At the beginning of the year they had put up a few 86 throwbacks. I believe they auctioned off a Granderson, a Wright and a Blevins so far. There could be a few more that auctioned off through MLB but those were the few names I remember hearing.

Anyone else find a contact with the Mets that has responded?

The mets team store has horrible customer service.

They auctioned full pinstripe 86 throwback uniforms in a second auction as well. If my memory holds, they sold Flores which I own, Walker, Campbell & Racaniello. With that said, it took them almost three weeks to ship my Flores.

Have you tried calling the number? I've called three times and they have picked up 2/3 of the time.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Thanks for the feedback. Will just keep trying to call. Maybe they are a little cautious about selling after the 9/11 Piazza jersey fiasco
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I'm going to the game today ( section 112-row 17) and stopping at the kiosk (as always) before sitting down. I don't expect any changes for the better. They don't care as much as we do that's for sure. Apparently, working at Amazing Memorabilia is a stepping stone to getting a better position elsewhere, or a job given to entry level Met employees . Being Father's Day let me quote my dad's advice on getting service at a place that at best is indifferent to customer's attempt at service and contact: Call their bosses (or someone else higher in the Met Organization) and complain your not getting service. The other thing that bothers me is I spend thousands of dollars each year at either MLB/auctions Mets and Amazin Memorabilia (which is the same thing basically) and you think that seeing my account you would get a thanks, Christmas card, free tickets. You get nothing. Steiner once a year used to rent out a suite at Shea and invite its regular customers to a game each year. You felt good and wanted to continue with them as customers, not here; they don't even give you an ice cube.

At CitiField,the cupboard was bare-on Father's Day. My son was going to buy me something from the Amazin Memorabilia kiosk at CitiField today-but there was nothing of value for sale. They said they were conducting inventory. Halfway through the season they pick the busiest day of the month to present- nothing for sale. OK. Me, if I worked there, I would be up all night making sure there would be something of value ready for sale that thousands of customers are accustomed to seeing on gameday..
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Mets with us all Swoboda4! I didn't realize Stiener had done that for Mets collectors when they had the Mets contract. To that end, the barren state of the kiosk that you posted photos of makes me wonder if the Mets are taking bids for an outside company to handle the sale of these items moving forward? Could Steiner or another vendor be knocking on the door here to handle that end of the business? Sure, they could be doing inventory like they said but do they really have this much? The team was gone for 13 days over the last road trip before this current slate of home games started. Would that be enough time to get this inventory taken care of? I have to think that the guys manning the kiosk are regular employees who are there on game days only and might not be regular full-time employees.

I was there twice over Memorial Day weekend where the kiosk and surrounding area was packed with items including plenty of jerseys from the previous 3 seasons, some ST g/u jerseys (of 25-man roster guys) and maybe a half dozen g/u 86 throwback jersey and pants sets. Highest priced one of those they had on the rack was Harvey's at $2650.

You may be right and funny you should say Steiner. Steiner has been very active lately and with good communication. A week ago Steiner re-contacted me( I bought many G/U Mets items from them in the past, and this year bulk purchases on items here and there). They emailed and offered a Father's Day sale and I picked up the Gary Sheffield 16x20 "story" signed photo I've been eyeing, listed at $500 for $199. You know what, I would welcome the change back to what was.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Robert for posting. I received a response apologizing for the delay in responding to me and that they are in the middle of doing inventory as you were told. Will wait till they complete this for a response on the 86 reunion jerseys.
    metsbats86@aol.com