Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jersey collection challenge idea.

Bear with me guys, it's late and mind altering substances might be impairing my judgment but I'd love to hear your input.

So I recently got into acquiring game used/team issued stuff after countless years since childhood of wanting to own this stuff. I'm currently up to 8 jerseys from my beloved Marlins. I recently had the idea of getting jerseys from other baseball teams (must be the collector in me), and I just thought of what I think might be a cool idea.

So my idea basically is to challenge myself to obtain a game used or team issued jersey from every MLB team within 2 years for $50 or less. Whenever I obtain a new jersey I will post it to this thread.

Do any of you guys think this would be a fun thing to follow? Also, I'm trying to think up more rules and would love some input. Basically the only thing I can think of is actual game jerseys. No BP or spring training, etc versions. Is $50 too low? Should I make it $75?

Thanks for reading everyone and thank you for any input!

Re: Jersey collection challenge idea.

How will you display them?
    Are you going after home, road or alternates?

You should be able to find a coaches game jersey for around $50

at 75 u'd have a shot for more teams , mostly through ebay AUCTIONS...at 50 no way for some teams...

$50 is going to be very hard for some teams, mostly the ones that have contracted their services out to big companies such as the yankees with steiner and the rangers with fanatics. awesome idea though and best of luck getting every team.

A permutation of what you're talking about is how I like to collect, primarily:

My eventual goal is to to have at least one jersey from each Major League team. But, me being a Tigers' fan, the jersey has to be of a player who is or was (at one time in their career) a Detroit Tiger. Furthermore, they have to be a player that is or has been significant to me.

As for road and alternates, I'm not concrete on that stuff. I don't want to have just a road jersey for a particular team, but I'm certainly cool with more than one jersey. At some point, if I accomplish all teams, I may circle back and look to do roads and alternates.

One big difference is there's no price cap, though - it's more important that the player is significant to me.