Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MLB.com Ichiro post

This was obviously written by some low-level MLB employee who thought he was being clever. I am a white boy with white boy privilege, so I was not offended. I can see why someone other than my self would be offended. No matter, it was a weak attempt to humor.

Banned

Cool Re: MLB.com Ichiro post

I was not aware of the baseball definition of "raking" before this thread got into motion. I don't think it was intentionally offensive, but I can understand it being interpreted that way...it's a pretty tone-deaf comment that could have been presented in other ways.

Dave Miedema

This was definitely not meant to be offensive. If you google baseball raking and go to news there's a ton of articles. Heres an example:

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...es-ortiz-do-it

Anyone that is on this forum that has played college baseball in the last 10 years has heard or used the term raking. I would say I hear it once every couple days on espn or game feeds from mlb tv.

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    This was definitely not meant to be offensive. If you google baseball raking and go to news there's a ton of articles. Heres an example:

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...es-ortiz-do-it

Anyone that is on this forum that has played college baseball in the last 10 years has heard or used the term raking. I would say I hear it once every couple days on espn or game feeds from mlb tv.
    Exactly! Put your big boy pants on, grow some thick skin and live life.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Play on words for baseball purposes....Headlines typically are catchy and different with creativity and word substitutions that play into baseball terminology. Raking is very commonly used in baseball discussions...if it was used for Derek Jeter it would still make sense and have no other attachment to it...If it was the writers intent to have it mean anything else I guess only he would know.

Banned

Arrow Re: MLB.com Ichiro post

Ichiro comes to Wrigley Field and leaves still at 2,998 hits.

Dave Miedema