Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Salvador Perez Changes Jerseys 4 Times Per Game

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/p...n-extreme-heat

article detailing how perez handles catching in the extreme heat. interestingly, it says that he will change his jersey 4 times per game when it is really hot. wondering how people feel about this - i am pretty sure that MLB authenticated jerseys of his do not mention this in the MLB database (if they were only used for a couple innings).

Re: Salvador Perez Changes Jerseys 4 Times Per Game

Quote Originally Posted by memorabiliaunlimited View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/p...n-extreme-heat

article detailing how perez handles catching in the extreme heat. interestingly, it says that he will change his jersey 4 times per game when it is really hot. wondering how people feel about this - i am pretty sure that MLB authenticated jerseys of his do not mention this in the MLB database (if they were only used for a couple innings).
    My understanding is, if a player wears a jersey on the playing field, even for one play, the jersey is considered "game worn/used." Is their an expectation of how much or long a jersey was worn/used to be consider a game worn/used jersey?
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

The reality is he's not wearing 100's of jerseys every season or you would see so many more. Sounds like hes got a bunch of jerseys in the rotation...
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

i meant more along the lines of how you would feel if you purchased a jersey that say was authenticated to a game wherein he had a good performance, but it turns out he only wore the jersey for a couple innings that game. similar to the issues raised with the haper/papelbon "fight" jersey that harper stated was not the correct jersey.

I think that's always a concern, but a valid one!!

Players are going to have a backup in their locker at almost all times.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by memorabiliaunlimited View Post
    i meant more along the lines of how you would feel if you purchased a jersey that say was authenticated to a game wherein he had a good performance, but it turns out he only wore the jersey for a couple innings that game. similar to the issues raised with the haper/papelbon "fight" jersey that harper stated was not the correct jersey.
    Not good!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~