Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Any Kaepernick Collectors?

The national anthem is a musical composition that evokes and eulogizes the history, traditions and struggles of its people.
    Sitting down during it's playing doesn't make you an enemy of the country, but it does attract attention.
    Why don't we just sit and listen? To stand up means you have to give up what ever you are doing and concentrate on the country for a few seconds!" It gives us time to remember our past. Including the men and woman that made it possible for us to have this freedom. And one of the probably only vaguely patriotic things Colin Kaepernick will ever do. But it is also believing in the future of our country. To sit down during the anthem is giving up hope on the future on America.
    Semper FI

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    The national anthem is a musical composition that evokes and eulogizes the history, traditions and struggles of its people.
    Sitting down during it's playing doesn't make you an enemy of the country, but it does attract attention.
    Why don't we just sit and listen? To stand up means you have to give up what ever you are doing and concentrate on the country for a few seconds!" It gives us time to remember our past. Including the men and woman that made it possible for us to have this freedom. And one of the probably only vaguely patriotic things Colin Kaepernick will ever do. But it is also believing in the future of our country. To sit down during the anthem is giving up hope on the future on America.
    Semper FI
    Well said! Anchors Away!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

In '96 the NBA suspended Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf(Chris Jackson) for not standing for the Anthem. He agreed to stand but close his eyes and bow his head to the floor and recite an Islamic prayer quietly.

As for Kaepnick, I see 49er's fans are already burning his jerseys.
    I watch sports to get away from this type of rhetoric. I care nothing about players politcal views or ideals. His career in the NFL is all but over

If he thinks the country itself is the problem, make a real stand by moving to a different one that meets his criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by slab0meat View Post
    If he thinks the country itself is the problem, make a real stand by moving to a different one that meets his criteria.
    To criticize doesnt mean you hate, even Donald Trump's slogan is critical of where we are currently as a country. To want improvement means you love your country. To just leave and give up on it would be an unpatriotic thing, but trying to spur change? No.

Part of being American means you have the right to take stands against your country like this. Im proud we live in a country where we can take stands if we so choose against our country. Its terrifying what happens in some countries where you cant.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

What's ironic to me about all this is Kaepernick said he won't stand for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. Obviously he doesn't understand the meaning of oppression and the other thing is if it wasn't for 2 white people adopting him who knows where he would be after being abandoned by at least one parent of color, to me this is a slap in his adopted parents face.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    When someone doesn't have a thoughtful, intelligent thing to say, it is always easy to insult.
    The insult is the truth. No use beating around the Bush trying to figure out why he is an ungrateful louse. He just is.
    Since you insulted me is your post still true?

Problem with the usa and most of the free world is many of today's 20 somethings have decided that there's no difference between staging a demonstration vs a riot, taking a stance vs doing something disrespectful. Freedom to do what you want doesnt negate the fact what you are doing is stupid. I think it's too late to sell his stuff.....the silent majority is always bigger than the vocal minority, his items will become worthless.

Banned

Cool Re: Any Kaepernick Collectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    For an athlete to boycot an anthem simply based on his beliefs that there's many problems going on is a slap to the face to the hundreds of millions who make said country great. Another example of the "me" generation, where instead of thinking of the greater good he picks a selfish self centered way to "protest" a country that has let him prosper. During the 2010 winter. Olympic games I was lucky enough to be the one raising and saluting the gold medal winning country's flag and anthem up in whistler (vancouver). I was proud to salute the usa anthem just as much as any other country's flag I raised (I'm canadian) What immature guys like him need to realize is anthems don't represent the sins of the minority, they represent everyone. Sounds like he needs to go join NFL Players Anthems Don't Matter movement. My dad always taught me stand for any anthem being played and never boo it. And most importantly take off your hat! Proud canadian who appreciates his american brothers. Ps: we don't want him up here
    I agree. At Blue Jays and, in the past, Expos games in Chicago, I would stand and respect the Canadian National Anthem as well as my own.

Actually, in 1992, I intially had no rooting interest in the World Series between the Blue Jays and Braves. I did get one shortly therein when, during the pregame presentation of colors, some wiseass decided to raise the Canadian flag upside-down (this was in Atlanta). I thought it was a classless act, and it prompted me, for the rest of the Series, to cheer for Toronto.

Dave Miedema

I don't know if all this is a departure for Kaepernick, but there is a current article that his girlfriend has a great influence on what he's saying and doing right now. I looked him up on Twitter to see what he's saying and not someone else, and I observed that he re-tweets NY Daily News Shaun King pieces,who he apparently likes. The only problem is that King appreciates approaches to problems other than by discussing them. He had a article not long ago criticizing Michael Jordan for not standing up for issues during his career; so I know Colin had to have read that. Only problem is its real easy to do this when your half-way out the door. A Black President has been elected twice by a country that has majority of white people and he seems to think there is a systemic problem of bigotry. There's not going to be anyone left in Chicago so he and others better focus on that, and the pass thugs are getting killing and shooting Black people.......I still don't know who has Kaepernick game used items and what THEIR thoughts are.