Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Any Kaepernick Collectors?

If Kaepernick were a stock, the news wouldn't be good. Aside from collecting (G/U) for collecting sake, investment buying doesn't look wise. Does anyone have any Kaepernick items, and what are your thoughts at the moment?

Re: Any Kaepernick Collectors?

Maybe this should be the question; If an athlete (not necessarily Kaepernick) has entered the world of collecting, they have contracts with memorabilia companies, they regularly attend shows where their autograph commands a high price- should they consider more carefully the things they say that can effect their brand?

If an athlete, like Kaepernick, takes a stand and they have conviction in what they say and believe then I think they could care less about their brand. I imagine memorabilia company contracts and autograph shows are the last things on their mind.

If this were Facebook and I could 'like' something, I would give a solid thumbs-up to Dewey's comment above .

Dewey2007,

I just sent you a PM.

You guys may be right, and thank God the Jets didn't get him.

Past Supreme Court decisions say that we don't force people to say the pledge or salute the flag. People have the right to make those decisions for themselves in this country. That said, Kaepernick should chose his words more carefully. Yes, there continues to be discrimination in this country, but it comes from individuals. This country does not "oppress" any race. That ended years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    If an athlete, like Kaepernick, takes a stand and they have conviction in what they say and believe then I think they could care less about their brand. I imagine memorabilia company contracts and autograph shows are the last things on their mind.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    Past Supreme Court decisions say that we don't force people to say the pledge or salute the flag. People have the right to make those decisions for themselves in this country. That said, Kaepernick should chose his words more carefully. Yes, there continues to be discrimination in this country, but it comes from individuals. This country does not "oppress" any race. That ended years ago.
    Sort of, if you live in an apartment house that has crazy tenants, you don't hate the building-you deal with the tenants.

He is nothing more than an ungrateful louse.