Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

D. Wright NDLS Jersey on eBay

I've been wanting one for a while and would love this one, but the MLB authentication sticker gives me pause. It definitely looks as if it's been moved. Has anyone else seen this before? Am I just being paranoid? Thanks for the info!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Wright...4AAOSwhOdXpLvY

Re: D. Wright NDLS Jersey on eBay

I believe that the hologram was damaged while being put on. I have had a few Brewers jerseys that had the same issue that I got directly from the team.

If the hologram was moved it would look like this.

I agree too. It's impossible to move a hologram without destroying it. The hologram looks good other than that bald spot on the left hand corner which could have happened when it was first applied.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

This same seller is selling a fake Barry Bonds supposed game used jersey. He has been made aware of it twice now via eBay.

He is also selling a questionable Griffey supposed game used jersey notified with concerns via eBay.

Just be careful.

I am always paranoid when buying items from other sources, so this would definitely give me pause. I will say though, I rencently bought a pair of Wright pants from the Mets and the holo has a similar issue.

I will agree with everyone that I've seen small anomalies with holograms being put on like we see here, but to say you can get one off without damage is straight wrong. If its properly affixed to a ball or bat, I'd say absolutely, but I've had multiple Rockies gamers where the hologram was not full affixed and I moved it to a placement like the jocktag seen here and it looks flawless.

I'd feel pretty good about that jersey, just figured that fact should be made...
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    This same seller is selling a fake Barry Bonds supposed game used jersey. He has been made aware of it twice now via eBay.

He is also selling a questionable Griffey supposed game used jersey notified with concerns via eBay.

Just be careful.
    Is the griffey questionable or is it simply unsubstantiated at the moment? There is a big difference. The griffey appears to be at least game issued, meaning it has proper size etc but has no provenance or LOA from Griffey. Being unsigned, I wouldnt expect a COA from Griffey. The Wright has a LOA from mets and a mlb holgram. How could he have a COA from the mets for the jersey and the jersey not be legitimate?

Quote Originally Posted by grandeleague View Post
    Is the griffey questionable or is it simply unsubstantiated at the moment? There is a big difference. The griffey appears to be at least game issued, meaning it has proper size etc but has no provenance or LOA from Griffey. Being unsigned, I wouldnt expect a COA from Griffey. The Wright has a LOA from mets and a mlb holgram. How could he have a COA from the mets for the jersey and the jersey not be legitimate?
    The mets have sold a bunch of team issued playoff & ws jerseys so in theory he could have got the GU and an issued once and moved the hologram. I'm not saying thats the case, but thats how it could happen....

Reality is, I've seen various mets items with a hologram like that. There is a July 4th Syndergaard hat on ebay with the same issue.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

I had a jersey once straight from MLB that the hologram was barely affixed to the laundry tag on the front of the jersey. I took it off and put it on the number on the back of the jersey.
    I have also had a baseball come in from MLB with a damaged hologram. They replaced the hologram with a new one and a different number.

That hologram just looks like it has been scraped against something during handling or when they put it on.