Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Is This A Truly Vintage Wilson Jersey ????

Well for one I have seen this seller do it before. Number 2 is I am not 100% sure M&N ever did a Road Bears jersey. I have seen blank Road Bears Wilson jerseys for sale on eBay. Plus if M&N did do a Road Bears jersey there would have been neck tags removed and side tags removed. That is just my two cents that won't even be able to buy you a cup of coffee.

Heat pressed elements are done using wrong material.
    Wilson tag is something a Chinese sweatshop would use since it's not a very good copy.

The jersey itself may be correct but original tag is gone. I would have to feel the material to tell.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Is This A Truly Vintage Wilson Jersey ????

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    Heat pressed elements are done using wrong material.
    Wilson tag is something a Chinese sweatshop would use since it's not a very good copy.

The jersey itself may be correct but original tag is gone. I would have to feel the material to tell.
    Agreed...that Wilson tag is not like what the Bears normally used in that era.

I just looked at a Doug Flutie (1986-87 home that also had an odd Wilson tag. It, too, was found lacking, due to NOB font inconsistencies.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by kensica5 View Post
    Well for one I have seen this seller do it before. Number 2 is I am not 100% sure M&N ever did a Road Bears jersey. I have seen blank Road Bears Wilson jerseys for sale on eBay. Plus if M&N did do a Road Bears jersey there would have been neck tags removed and side tags removed. That is just my two cents that won't even be able to buy you a cup of coffee.
    M&N did make 2 Walter Payton road jersey throwbacks. One commemorating the 1983 year with the GSH memorial patch on the shoulder and a 1985 version with GSH initials on the sleeve.

Neither looks like this...

The plot thickens