Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: September 2016 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    I don't know if it's so much of a reflection of where the market is, but rather how they've been running their auctions over the last couple of years. I don't think in the last two years that they've run an auction for a game used jersey and haven't had a reserve (which usually happens to be what they were asking for in their initial email). So, I for one have stopped paying attention to their auctions. I didn't even realize they were running a bunch of jersey w/out a reserve.

With that said, I think $1,000 is really what a Molina 1 day jersey should be selling for. There are way too many of these 1 day jerseys now. It's silly to believe that every one of them is worth $2,500.

But that's just my opinion.
    Honestly I was just going to watch it because they usually have a high reserve and the Cards guy had been trying to sale it for $3K, but once it hit 1K the reserve was met. For some reason it never went into extended bidding either, oh well good for me!

Quote Originally Posted by surebet0007 View Post
    Honestly I was just going to watch it because they usually have a high reserve and the Cards guy had been trying to sale it for $3K, but once it hit 1K the reserve was met. For some reason it never went into extended bidding either, oh well good for me!
    Ah. I think that explains why it only went for $1k. I have a feelings that anybody that frequents the Cards auctions and saw there was a reserve probably figured it had the usual $2-3k reserve and didn't even bother bidding. I think we've all been so conditioned to think their reserves are so high it's not worth bidding.

I bet they would have gotten more for the jersey if they never had a reserve on it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    Ah. I think that explains why it only went for $1k. I have a feelings that anybody that frequents the Cards auctions and saw there was a reserve probably figured it had the usual $2-3k reserve and didn't even bother bidding. I think we've all been so conditioned to think their reserves are so high it's not worth bidding.

I bet they would have gotten more for the jersey if they never had a reserve on it in the first place.
    Interesting that the cards prior emails listed a Team Issued molina mem day jersey for $1K. I wonder if they got mixed up on their listing? Molina is basically gold in their eyes. If a jersey has not sold 4 months after getting it in why would you put a reserve on it at an auction? Seems like a last resort for them to even go to auction. After MLB collects their fee the team store netted maybe $750 on the jersey.

Well, if you would like Molina to sign that jersey of yours, your chance is coming up.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

'65-'68 Roberto Clemente bat:

Big, heavy U1 model bat has tremendous use, faded 21 on knob and the barrel scoring is very heavy and prominent on hitter side.

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Just got this game used baseball in the mail yesterday. Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels, June 13, 2016. Hit for a single by Kurt Suzuki off Jered Weaver in the top of the 2nd inning. The Twins defeated the Angels 9-4.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beautiful Ben!

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    Well, if you would like Molina to sign that jersey of yours, your chance is coming up.
    Collector's Corner has an upcoming signing and the prices are a bit more reasonable:

www.eventbee.com/v/78cobras/event?eid=147242984

Gorilla777 - Awesome Clemente bat!

Banned

Ben: Seeing Clemente lumber is always a treat.

Dave Miedema