Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preston
    • Mar 2010

Re: September 2016 Pickups

Not game used, but pre "game"-used. Thanks to Michael Griffin (who played for both the Titans AND Vikings) I got onto the field for pregame and Kendall Wright tossed me this ball before the September 11 game.
    Attached Files

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

Keith Hernandez 1986 orange ring postseason game issue Rawlings bat. My second one.
      Attached Files
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• mrjohnmalton
        • Mar 2016

Rajai Davis double baseball from the top of the 2nd inning in a 6-2 win over the Angels on June 10, 2016

Jason Kipnis single baseball from the bottom of the 1st inning in a 2-1 win over the Royals on September 20, 2016

Comment

• Klattsy
          • Aug 2010

Been a long time since i've posted here. Wanted to update with a MiLB jersey that found its way to me. My first Caincross item. He played in the majors as well so pretty happy with this:

If you have any Aussie guys items drop me a line on twitter @klattsy

Thanks,
          Mark.

Comment

• Longroad23
            • Mar 2014

Got this hammered Braun bat - broken 8/20/16 against Felix Hernandez.

Comment

• Arsenal83
              • Dec 2007

Great Braun bat. I have a question for the group. With broken bats like this that usually come from the club house with the white athletic tape holding them together, do you keep them taped as such or do you remove the tape?

I got one years ago that was split in two and taped up. I removed the tape and the residue left behind, got some good wood glue and glued it together. Any thoughts or preferences?

Comment

• yankees506
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Arsenal83
                Great Braun bat. I have a question for the group. With broken bats like this that usually come from the club house with the white athletic tape holding them together, do you keep them taped as such or do you remove the tape?

I got one years ago that was split in two and taped up. I removed the tape and the residue left behind, got some good wood glue and glued it together. Any thoughts or preferences?
                If i get a bat the way you described i will always remove the tape and glue it back together. I like to handle my bats and really dont want to display them with white athletic tape. Just my preference

Comment

• 64SHEA
                  • Apr 2011

Got a couple of balls from the WBC qualifier in Brooklyn over the weekend.

Game 5 Brazil ground out to Jordan Serena of Great Britain

Game 6 Israel Mitch Glasser double Vs Great Britain

Comment

• ksfarmboy
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Klattsy
                    Been a long time since i've posted here. Wanted to update with a MiLB jersey that found its way to me. My first Caincross item. He played in the majors as well so pretty happy with this:

If you have any Aussie guys items drop me a line on twitter @klattsy

Thanks,
                    Mark.
                    Nice pickup as not all of those made it out with the name still attached.

Comment

• mrozie21
                      • Mar 2014

Game worn Greg Pruitt Jersey, circa 1979with team repairs and custom sleeves
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Birdbats
                        • Nov 2005

Luke Appling Collection

I just acquired several items from one of Luke Appling's grandchildren. Included were: a 1949 Memphis Chickasaws road jersey (I assume worn by Appling when he managed in 1951); a 1967 Athletics home jersey w/ pants, undershirt and stirrups (the undershirt has Appling's #33, but I assume the jersey was worn by someone else during the spring of '68); a 1972 White Sox home jersey w/ pants and stirrups (made for Sam Ewing, but possibly worn by Hank Allen at the end of the season); a 1978 Braves home jersey w/ pants and stirrups (appears to be a photo match with Bob Horner's rookie jersey); and a late '80s Braves BP jersey of Appling's w/ home and road pants and stirrups.

Bats included three post-career pro models: 1962 A101 (1 of 6); 1962 A31 (1 of 1); and 1971 A80 (1 of 6). Also a late '60s S2 signed by Appling, and five fungoes: Indians, Dodgers, White Sox, a Bobby Cox w/ #6 on the knob, and one of Appling's from his Braves days w/ #74 on the knob.

Jeff Scott
                        birdbats@charter.net
                        http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• SEAFAN76
                          • Jan 2015

New game used jersey from 2012 vs the Dolphins

Comment

• Wrigley2010
                            • Sep 2010

Re: Luke Appling Collection

Originally posted by Birdbats
                            I just acquired several items from one of Luke Appling's grandchildren. Included were: a 1949 Memphis Chickasaws road jersey (I assume worn by Appling when he managed in 1951); a 1967 Athletics home jersey w/ pants, undershirt and stirrups (the undershirt has Appling's #33, but I assume the jersey was worn by someone else during the spring of '68); a 1972 White Sox home jersey w/ pants and stirrups (made for Sam Ewing, but possibly worn by Hank Allen at the end of the season); a 1978 Braves home jersey w/ pants and stirrups (appears to be a photo match with Bob Horner's rookie jersey); and a late '80s Braves BP jersey of Appling's w/ home and road pants and stirrups.

Bats included three post-career pro models: 1962 A101 (1 of 6); 1962 A31 (1 of 1); and 1971 A80 (1 of 6). Also a late '60s S2 signed by Appling, and five fungoes: Indians, Dodgers, White Sox, a Bobby Cox w/ #6 on the knob, and one of Appling's from his Braves days w/ #74 on the knob.
                            That's quite the haul, congrats! I especially love the Chicksaws jersey. Vintage Minor League Jerseys are truly under appreciated.

Comment

Working...