X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surebet0007
    • Jul 2016

Re: September 2016 Pickups

Originally posted by GoCrazyFolks76
    I don't know if it's so much of a reflection of where the market is, but rather how they've been running their auctions over the last couple of years. I don't think in the last two years that they've run an auction for a game used jersey and haven't had a reserve (which usually happens to be what they were asking for in their initial email). So, I for one have stopped paying attention to their auctions. I didn't even realize they were running a bunch of jersey w/out a reserve.

With that said, I think $1,000 is really what a Molina 1 day jersey should be selling for. There are way too many of these 1 day jerseys now. It's silly to believe that every one of them is worth $2,500.

But that's just my opinion.
    Honestly I was just going to watch it because they usually have a high reserve and the Cards guy had been trying to sale it for $3K, but once it hit 1K the reserve was met. For some reason it never went into extended bidding either, oh well good for me!

Comment

• GoCrazyFolks76
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by surebet0007
      Honestly I was just going to watch it because they usually have a high reserve and the Cards guy had been trying to sale it for $3K, but once it hit 1K the reserve was met. For some reason it never went into extended bidding either, oh well good for me!
      Ah. I think that explains why it only went for $1k. I have a feelings that anybody that frequents the Cards auctions and saw there was a reserve probably figured it had the usual $2-3k reserve and didn't even bother bidding. I think we've all been so conditioned to think their reserves are so high it's not worth bidding.

I bet they would have gotten more for the jersey if they never had a reserve on it in the first place.

Comment

• sherbal15
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by GoCrazyFolks76
        Ah. I think that explains why it only went for $1k. I have a feelings that anybody that frequents the Cards auctions and saw there was a reserve probably figured it had the usual $2-3k reserve and didn't even bother bidding. I think we've all been so conditioned to think their reserves are so high it's not worth bidding.

I bet they would have gotten more for the jersey if they never had a reserve on it in the first place.
        Interesting that the cards prior emails listed a Team Issued molina mem day jersey for $1K. I wonder if they got mixed up on their listing? Molina is basically gold in their eyes. If a jersey has not sold 4 months after getting it in why would you put a reserve on it at an auction? Seems like a last resort for them to even go to auction. After MLB collects their fee the team store netted maybe $750 on the jersey.

Comment

• carbonrosa
          • Jun 2012

Well, if you would like Molina to sign that jersey of yours, your chance is coming up.
          Attached Files

Comment

• gorilla777
            • Aug 2009

'65-'68 Roberto Clemente bat:

Big, heavy U1 model bat has tremendous use, faded 21 on knob and the barrel scoring is very heavy and prominent on hitter side.

Ben
            Attached Files

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
              • Dec 2009

Just got this game used baseball in the mail yesterday. Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels, June 13, 2016. Hit for a single by Kurt Suzuki off Jered Weaver in the top of the 2nd inning. The Twins defeated the Angels 9-4.

sigpic

Comment

• BernBabyBern
                • Dec 2006

Beautiful Ben!

Comment

• GoCrazyFolks76
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by carbonrosa
                  Well, if you would like Molina to sign that jersey of yours, your chance is coming up.
                  Collector's Corner has an upcoming signing and the prices are a bit more reasonable:

Comment

• GoCrazyFolks76
                    • Mar 2015

Gorilla777 - Awesome Clemente bat!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2009

Ben: Seeing Clemente lumber is always a treat.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• anthony3133
                        • Nov 2010

What a beauty, Ben. Congrats on the pickup!

Comment

• oemtom
                          • Aug 2014

Orioles @ Red Sox lineup card from Orioles bullpen, September 13, 2016

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

When the Cardinals came to Chicago to play the Cubs last month, I asked pal Derrick May, former Cubs LF and current St. Louis assistant hitting coach, if he could send me a GU cap when he had a chance, and gave him a Priority Mail SASE to do so.

Well, the SASE came in the mail today, and there's some good news and bad news. First the bad news: no cap was enclosed.

Now the good news: it didn't matter, because he instead sent me his 9/11 jersey! I've gotten some good shipments from players in the mail over the years, but, for a single item, this has got to be the BEST! Thanks, D!

Dave Miedema

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
                              When the Cardinals came to Chicago to play the Cubs last month, I asked pal Derrick May, former Cubs LF and current St. Louis assistant hitting coach, if he could send me a GU cap when he had a chance, and gave him a Priority Mail SASE to do so.

Well, the SASE came in the mail today, and there's some good news and bad news. First the bad news: no cap was enclosed.

Now the good news: it didn't matter, because he instead sent me his 9/11 jersey! I've gotten some good shipments from players in the mail over the years, but, for a single item, this has got to be the BEST! Thanks, D!

Dave Miedema
                              Awesome, Dave!

Comment

• cjmezz
                                • Jan 2016

-Trout Triple with Griffey Jr retirement logo
                                -Trout HOMERUN

Comment

Working...