Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Frank Thomas Bat Hunt Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Just a thought... is it possible that it's:
    B
    O

as opposed to:
    MO?

That would be quite a stretch....This bat is from 2000 so it's highly doubtful that Bo would have any association with this bat

An easy one--- not a Frank gamer. Ask for your money back

Spoke to Hunt Auctions today. The Hunt rep that I spoke to indicated that the White Sox stand behind the authenticity on the bat as used by Frank Thomas and that the bat came directly from the White Sox. Therefore, there is nothing Hunt will do on it.

I asked for someone from the White Sox to contact me.

Banned

Hunt should give you a refund. Who are the memorabilia experts, Hunt or the White Sox? The White Sox have no clue who used the bat. We collectors know that bat was used by another player along with possibly Frank at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Hunt should give you a refund. Who are the memorabilia experts, Hunt or the White Sox? The White Sox have no clue who used the bat. We collectors know that bat was used by another player along with possibly Frank at some point.
    Based on my conversation with Hunt they did no independent evaluation of the bat even though Hunt provided a LOA (in addition to the White Sox LOA)...They just said that they are relying on the White Sox providing authenticity on it.

Sounds about right. I had a similar experience with this auction house and no longer bid with them.
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Of course you cannot do a charge back due to the fact they do not take credit cards. They don't take paypal either.

Note to buyers....PLEASE if you don't want any issues only buy from auction houses that accept credit cards. Buyers need to be protected.

So you are stuck with a bat that who knows who it was used by.

so based on HUNT's practices I could make a LOA saying a bat was used by Babe Ruth and they'd sell it as such and claim that the buyer would have to deal with me for refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    so based on HUNT's practices I could make a LOA saying a bat was used by Babe Ruth and they'd sell it as such and claim that the buyer would have to deal with me for refund?
    No one from white sox has contacted me so I assume I don't get the opportunity to deal with the sox. Hunt should not have given a LOA on this if they were relying strictly on the white sox. Also, buyer beware dealing with them and assume you have no recourse after the auction so do all your homework before. I should been more careful I guess. Having said all that, it's still a nice bat for $475