Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game used baseball cleats

Why are game used baseball cleats not as valuable as game used bats?
    Some bats will only be used for only a couple of at bats and get a couple of hits out of them. While cleats can be worn for a month or more and have some stolen bases and some great run down plays while being worn.

Re: Game used baseball cleats

Quote Originally Posted by Quiroz4044 View Post
    Why are game used baseball cleats not as valuable as game used bats?
    Some bats will only be used for only a couple of at bats and get a couple of hits out of them. While cleats can be worn for a month or more and have some stolen bases and some great run down plays while being worn.
    That's a great question as cleats are worn for both offense and defense and if someone wins a gold glove....

A bat is handled by the player, prepared by the player, swung buy the player. Cleats are just slipped on by the player. Granted the cleats may be worn longer but more thought and time always goes towards the bat. Plus the money is made in seeing the ball and hitting the ball not running around. I'd never value cleats anywhere near bats. Imo

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    A bat is handled by the player, prepared by the player, swung buy the player. Cleats are just slipped on by the player. Granted the cleats may be worn longer but more thought and time always goes towards the bat. Plus the money is made in seeing the ball and hitting the ball not running around. I'd never value cleats anywhere near bats. Imo
    I see where you're coming from. I want to buy some Trout game used cleats. I like how they're his own style of cleats and he had a huge part of designing them. And he also the first player since Griffey to have his own style of cleats with Nike

While they are not baseball I have a pair of Derrick Brooks and John Lynch cleats from the Buccaneers. I can see a bat being more popular for baseball (just as a helmet would be for football) but I think cleats are very cool too.

And most cleats are both signed giving you two signatures.

I have a large collection of Yankees cleats from the Dynasty! To 2009 all signed as well
    I collect cleats because as they say when it's time to call it quits!
    ITS TIME TO HANG UP THE CLEATS!

i think because bats have always been iconic. bats always have the players name engraved on them, whereas most cleats dont have a way to identify whose they are just from looking at them, especially so in the past (nowadays many cleats are personalized). bats display better and are also seen more often during games and during at bats, whereas cleats are usually covered by long pants and most people dont even think about them.

I love GU cleats myself, I find them unique and usually easy to photomatch. They look great autographed as well. For whatever reason they are much more affordable too. I admit bats look cool (especially signed) but I still buy cleats when they are the right price.

It's also much harder to a get a player's worn cleats then their GU bat. Some teams auction off as many as 3-5 bats per season for a player. Jerseys are even worse (yet go for the most).

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    Plus the money is made in seeing the ball and hitting the ball not running around.
    Unless you're Billy Hamilton