Anybody ever win anything at a Steiner Auction? I won an item back in mid July and waited 30+ days for it to get delivered. I followed up in between the date I paid (which was the night of the auction ending) and the date I received. The response I received was "oh that is with JSA right now....they will be a the national next so I will see if they can bring it". WTF? Since the purchase was only a $250 item I was WAYY too lenient on this. Anyway the item finally comes and it is just "meh". It is an Edgar Renteria home cardinals jersey for those wondering. I put it away and don't think much of it until I see the SAME EXACT LISTING on the Steiner auction currently going on.

I checked my jersey to see if it matched the photos and sure enough it didn't even match the original listing. I was sent a jersey that was not pictured in the auction I won.

I sent an email to steiner asking how this could happen and got "we used a stock photo". How the F do you use a stock photo for a game issued jersey? They tell me they got two and will use a stock photo if they get multiples. I explained that I based my purchase on the photos in the auction because to me, although it said game issued, showed enough "use" for me to take a chance.

Steiner agreed with my logic and said they would accept a return of the jersey I bought for the one listed (imagine that). This was September 14th. I still don't have a return label to print out and send them the jersey back (that was there protocol). The response I last received was "bear with us, the return department is really busy". LMFAO. With service like this? I am not surprised.

I will never do business with this company again. What a joke. It's not that $250 is a huge amount to me because it is not. The principal of this situation and the audacity to use and admit to using a "stock photo" on game used stuff.

Sorry guys had to vent and warn others about the worst auction I have ever been a part of.

Got an experience similar? Please share.