X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seanbaseball
    • Aug 2014

Re: October 2016 Pickups

Originally posted by Birdbats
    And just like that, I've added another bat to my 1922 St. Louis Browns collection -- a 1922-25 Jack Tobin. Less than six months after starting my quest to find the starting eight, I'm halfway there. Wally Gerber, Marty McManus, Jack Tobin and Ken Williams down... George Sisler, Baby Doll Jacobson, Hank Severeid and Frank Ellerbe to go.

Great start.....and quick! Good Luck finding the rest!

Comment

• TigersCubs84
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by seanbaseball
      My buddy Alex (guu: Sherba15) and I found probably one of the biggest of Cardinal hits of all time and in the top 15 of all hits in the World Series ever.........THE DAVID FREESE 2011 WORLD SERIES GAME 6 BOTTOM OF THE 9TH WITH 2 OUTS TWO ON AND TWO STRIKES TRIPLE THAT TIED THE GAME FOR THE CARDINALS AND FORCED A GAME 7. Freese in the below article says he considers it a bigger hit than his walk off home run in the bottom of the 11th.

The Corvette he won as World Series MVP is waiting at home for David Freese to drive -- provided he can pry the keys from his dad, that is.

The ball was sold by Highland Mint to us as the VERY NEXT pitch following the triple and was authenticated as such...."ball in the dirt Yadier Molina". Once we tracked the ball after the triple by Freese from youtube videos we were able to see that pitcher Feliz never threw the ball in for a new one and quickly Molina came up to bat for that pitch in the dirt. After the pitch in the dirt the ball was thrown out and authenticated. Needless to say we were excited to find this very important historical baseball that seemed to be lost to time. Upon receiving the ball we also noted a black bat mark on the ball. Freese batted with a black bat in the 9th.

Although we love the baseball its impossible to split it in two and so we have sent the ball into Goldin Auctions via Ken Goldin. Goldin has sold so many big game artifacts and so it was really the only place to consider. We look forward to the auction Ken!

Heres a link to the ranking of the hit and some other huge WS moments:

http://grantland.com/features/mlb-wi...ra-yogi-berra/

Got wind of this a while back. I didn't know it was Seanbaseball who was in on it, but probably should have. Congrats! Awesome score and great story.

Comment

• seanbaseball
        • Aug 2014

Thanks. Was a really fun find. There will be a story and interview of the find on local TV here in November filmed from my man cave.

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

Thanks. Was a really fun find. There will be a story and interview of the find on local TV here in November filmed from my man cave.
          Can you post the youtube video showing the whole play without the ball being changed.

Comment

• seanbaseball
            • Aug 2014

Here is a combo video put together where u can see the FOX footage and several other videos. Where one video cuts away another will pick it up. you can also keep an eye out for the catcher and umpire where u can see they don't throw a new ball in.

Click on this link and let the videos load. Gotta do on a PC.

Comment

• sherbal15
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by GoCrazyFolks76
              Finally picked up my Holy Grail:

Albert Pujols game used St. Louis Cardinals 2004 World Series road jersey (worn during the World Series, NLCS as well as many games in the second half of the 2004 season as per the multiple photomatches).
              Love this jersey. Congrats on the pick up mark.

Comment

• sherbal15
                • Feb 2015

Here is a combo video put together where u can see the FOX footage and several other videos. Where one video cuts away another will pick it up. you can also keep an eye out for the catcher and umpire where u can see they don't throw a new ball in.

Click on this link and let the videos load. Gotta do on a PC.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/57e...011-game-6.php
                Also worth noting the pitch in the dirt was 1 of 2 pitches to Molina. The other was a fly out. If the triple were removed from play prior to the pitch in the dirt it is highly unlikely that a ball used for one pitch (where no contact was made) would have a black contact mark.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Birdbats
                  And just like that, I've added another bat to my 1922 St. Louis Browns collection -- a 1922-25 Jack Tobin. Less than six months after starting my quest to find the starting eight, I'm halfway there. Wally Gerber, Marty McManus, Jack Tobin and Ken Williams down... George Sisler, Baby Doll Jacobson, Hank Severeid and Frank Ellerbe to go.

Fantastic Browns bat!. Good luck in completing your team set.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• cjmezz
                    • Jan 2016

A few Trouts I recently picked up

Comment

• Shipp_96
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HawaiiSportsNut
                      Kurt Suzuki 2010 game used catchers gear.
                      Great Zuk gear!!

Comment

• aus10dixon
                        • Feb 2015

I picked up a late 1960's Tulane football jersey on eBay from another member on here. Their jerseys from before 1990 are very hard to find. I found a possible match through old yearbook photos and am waiting to receive some game footage to confirm the match. The alignment of the numbers on the front of the jersey look to be a good sign. There are tears in the left sleeve and on one of the back numbers, so that's something I'll need to look for in the videos.

I also picked up a 2010 home jersey through the athletic department. I was able to game-match it based on a few snags on the back numbers.

October has been pretty good.
                        Attached Files
                        I'm always looking for game-used Tulane Green Wave football jerseys. Feel free to get in touch! #RollWave
                        Twitter | Game Used Universe | E-Mail

Comment

• cjmezz
                          • Jan 2016

Miggy Game used home jersey certed for 5 games. Miggy recorded 5 total hits, 8 RBI, and 3 Homeruns wearing it.

Comment

• seanbaseball
                            • Aug 2014

Picked up a few items:

Signed baseball by Cool Papa Bell (pre stroke) and Burleigh Grimes
                            and
                            Game used Cardinals bat by Lee Smith. Trying to just collect Hall of Fame items so hopefully he makes it in via Veterans Committee!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• TBM
                              • Aug 2015

Love that Cool Papa Bell ball.

Comment

• TBM
                                • Aug 2015

Alex Gordon 2016 Game used helmet used in 116 games. including:

August 24, 2016 KC @ MIA – Alex goes 0 for 3 against Jose Fernandez, including a strikeout. His third atbat of the game in the top of the 6th inning Alex struckout. That was the 210th strikeout of the season for Fernandez setting a Marlins team record for single season strikeouts. #RIPJF16.

Posted in Royals Game Used thread (post #333) with many more details and photos.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...