Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: October 2016 Pickups

Carlos Beltran game used bats
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Adrian Beltre used bat from 2002. #60 of the collection

1986 Jerry Browne worn jersey. I've had this one for a while but had him sign and inscribe it last month..

I know it's not game used, but am a fan of the movie, The Goonies. This ex NFL player played the role of Sloth in the movie. Passed away in 1989. Came across this signed book of his with a beautiful autograph. Dated too...

And just like that, I've added another bat to my 1922 St. Louis Browns collection -- a 1922-25 Jack Tobin. Less than six months after starting my quest to find the starting eight, I'm halfway there. Wally Gerber, Marty McManus, Jack Tobin and Ken Williams down... George Sisler, Baby Doll Jacobson, Hank Severeid and Frank Ellerbe to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    And just like that, I've added another bat to my 1922 St. Louis Browns collection -- a 1922-25 Jack Tobin. Less than six months after starting my quest to find the starting eight, I'm halfway there. Wally Gerber, Marty McManus, Jack Tobin and Ken Williams down... George Sisler, Baby Doll Jacobson, Hank Severeid and Frank Ellerbe to go.

Great start.....and quick! Good Luck finding the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    My buddy Alex (guu: Sherba15) and I found probably one of the biggest of Cardinal hits of all time and in the top 15 of all hits in the World Series ever.........THE DAVID FREESE 2011 WORLD SERIES GAME 6 BOTTOM OF THE 9TH WITH 2 OUTS TWO ON AND TWO STRIKES TRIPLE THAT TIED THE GAME FOR THE CARDINALS AND FORCED A GAME 7. Freese in the below article says he considers it a bigger hit than his walk off home run in the bottom of the 11th.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...eason_wit.html

The ball was sold by Highland Mint to us as the VERY NEXT pitch following the triple and was authenticated as such...."ball in the dirt Yadier Molina". Once we tracked the ball after the triple by Freese from youtube videos we were able to see that pitcher Feliz never threw the ball in for a new one and quickly Molina came up to bat for that pitch in the dirt. After the pitch in the dirt the ball was thrown out and authenticated. Needless to say we were excited to find this very important historical baseball that seemed to be lost to time. Upon receiving the ball we also noted a black bat mark on the ball. Freese batted with a black bat in the 9th.

Although we love the baseball its impossible to split it in two and so we have sent the ball into Goldin Auctions via Ken Goldin. Goldin has sold so many big game artifacts and so it was really the only place to consider. We look forward to the auction Ken!

Heres a link to the ranking of the hit and some other huge WS moments:

http://grantland.com/features/mlb-wi...ra-yogi-berra/

Got wind of this a while back. I didn't know it was Seanbaseball who was in on it, but probably should have. Congrats! Awesome score and great story.

Thanks. Was a really fun find. There will be a story and interview of the find on local TV here in November filmed from my man cave.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    Thanks. Was a really fun find. There will be a story and interview of the find on local TV here in November filmed from my man cave.
    Can you post the youtube video showing the whole play without the ball being changed.

Here is a combo video put together where u can see the FOX footage and several other videos. Where one video cuts away another will pick it up. you can also keep an eye out for the catcher and umpire where u can see they don't throw a new ball in.

Click on this link and let the videos load. Gotta do on a PC.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/57e...011-game-6.php