Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

October 2016 Pickups

2016 Camo jersey worn by Ryan Ripken during his tenure with the Hagerstown Suns.....Included is a photomatch of him wearing it while his father takes a picture of him:

Re: October 2016 Pickups

Very nice Bill. Does Cal's son have a legit chance to make it in the bigs? Also what is that Oriole hat towards the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
    Very nice Bill. Does Cal's son have a legit chance to make it in the bigs? Also what is that Oriole hat towards the bottom?
    Thanks Clint....

Unlike his father, Ryan's had some injury issues the last couple years which has slowed his progress...In 2016, with both Hagerstown & Auburn, he hit a combined .201 with only one homer...

The Orioles hat is one that was given to me a couple years ago by a club employee and while I've never worn it, you're welcome to it if you want it (trying to thin the herd if you know what I mean)....

Bill

Just in time for the final game of the season, 2015 Josh Donaldson ALCS gamer
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Thanks Clint....

Unlike his father, Ryan's had some injury issues the last couple years which has slowed his progress...In 2016, with both Hagerstown & Auburn, he hit a combined .201 with only one homer...

The Orioles hat is one that was given to me a couple years ago by a club employee and while I've never worn it, you're welcome to it if you want it (trying to thin the herd if you know what I mean)....

Bill
    Thanks for the offer Bill. I'm trying to thin my herd too😄. Neat hat though.

1991 & 1994

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    Just in time for the final game of the season, 2015 Josh Donaldson ALCS gamer
    Very nice!!! I've tried to find his gamers, but haven't had much luck.
    Washington Nationals, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper
    http://s927.photobucket.com/user/amgmap/library/
    amgmap@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by amgmap View Post
    Very nice!!! I've tried to find his gamers, but haven't had much luck.
    Thanks man, Josh is one of my favorite players besides..... Well you should know lol very happy to add it to my collection

Banned

I ended my Sox season hanging out by the Twins dugout today, and was fortunate enough to share a GU cap tossed to me by Twins bullpen coach and former team closer Steady Eddie Guadardo. All in all, a good season between that and the Derrick May July 4th GU jersey.

Dave Miedema

Picked up this awesome Raul Mondesi bat at the last Royals game I was at for the season. This is the first bat that the Royals Authentics store had from Raul. Of the three I currently know of this one has the most use. This was MLB authenticated to August 3, 2016 as BATTER - RAUL MONDESI, PITCHER - JAKE ODORIZZI, TOP OF 3, GROUND OUT, LOUISVILLE SLUGGER. Raul was called up from AAA Omaha Storm Chasers and played his first regular season game on July 26, 2016. That makes this bat authenticated to his 9th career MLB regular season game. So far I have photo matched it to all three games in the Tampa Bay series. That means this bat was used in his 7th, 8th, and 9th career MLB regular season games. During this time frame he had no hits but did have some sac bunts and fly outs. If you do not know the reason I am making the distinction of this bat being from some of his first regular season games it is because Raul was the first player in the history of the MLB to make his first MLB appearance in a World Series game. That happened in game 3 of the 2015 World Series where he had one at bat that resulted in a strike out.

This bat has been hammered and I am guessing that he used this bat in AAA also. There are so many seam marks on the barrel, paint is chipped away all over the bat, there are also cleat marks and bat rack marks. It looks like he tried to use the bat as an axe because the end of the bat has nearly been flattened from being pounded on the ground. It is an awesome bat from very early in his MLB career. I hope to pick up some more soon so this one does not get lonely.

This has also been posted in the Royals thread with more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images