Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on these two game used baseballs.

Swaboda4, shoot me an email. I have a few Mets baseballs I'm going to sell if you're interested
    -Devin

Carbonrosa@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    I would say $1,000 is high enough for both. You're right about that they are game used baseballs from postseason, sorry. And nice that auto-session is included in the hologram info. They're not worth the ebay price, by contrast what would a pair from this year be, $4,000??. I wouldn't pay that much for a game used ball that I couldn't track down exactly what play it's from. On another note-I have an authenticated HR ball that left the field, retrieved and given to authenticator, I'll dig it out.

I agree ! $1000 was my original offer. I personally think a fair price for any game used baseball is in the $250 range. Unless it was used for some milestone.

As far as a home run ball that left the game of play being authenticated by MLB. As long as it didn't go into the stands, I can see that. But, my understanding is that once a ball mixes with the crowd, the authenticators won't touch it.

I have a 2015 NLDS game used Miguel Montero bat that I photo matched him using in Game 3 and also the clinching game 4. Does anyone know how much this bat would be worth? I am not looking to sell, just wanting opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by niembre View Post
    I have a 2015 NLDS game used Miguel Montero bat that I photo matched him using in Game 3 and also the clinching game 4. Does anyone know how much this bat would be worth? I am not looking to sell, just wanting opinions.
    Sorry to say, not a whole lot. There isn't much of a premium on Montero items. My guess would be $500 on a really good day.

You are all correct. These balls are just generic balls used in a game. NOT the ones actually hit. Very minimal value really, the balls could be had pretty cheap and the signature/inscriptions could be paid for and you'd be in the same boat probably under $1,000.
    If you guys think these are overpriced, take a look at some of the other sellers items...outrageous!

As for MLB and HR...they will not touch or sticker anything that goes into the crowd or is touched by a fan....that's their protocol for the integrity of the program. Now a milestone ball MLB has marked with a number/letter code and has tracked to the fan that caught it and security can get ahold of them...that's a ball they will sticker. But rare occasion

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Not too bad, considering I bought the bat for $60 shipped. It took me a while to figure out that it was a playoff gamer, but I got a good 60 photos of Montero using the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by bryzzo2016 View Post
    Sorry to say, not a whole lot. There isn't much of a premium on Montero items. My guess would be $500 on a really good day.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Not too bad, considering I bought the bat for $60 shipped. It took me a while to figure out that it was a playoff gamer, but I got a good 60 photos of Montero using the bat.
    Shoot for $60 I would have definitely bought it.

I think I was being generous with $500. It would take a rare Montero fan to pay that. But, it is from the NLDS, so that makes it cool. If you tried to sell it on eBay you'd probably have trouble hitting $200. But, it's a cool piece to have. And for $60 who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by bryzzo2016 View Post
    As far as a home run ball that left the game of play being authenticated by MLB. As long as it didn't go into the stands, I can see that. But, my understanding is that once a ball mixes with the crowd, the authenticators won't touch it.
    That's not completely true. There have been cases of authenticators meeting with people who caught milestone home run balls before. A good example is when the notorious ballhawk Zack Hample caught Carlos Beltran's home run at Shea Stadium. It ended up being the last homer hit by a Met at Shea. Milestones are definitely the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    Swaboda4, shoot me an email. I have a few Mets baseballs I'm going to sell if you're interested
    -Devin

Carbonrosa@aol.com
    Devin- just sent the response, just saw your post-Robert

Wish you had the one he hit that Grand Slam with last night. Now, that would be something !