Thoughts on these two game used baseballs.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niembre
    • Jul 2015

Re: Thoughts on these two game used baseballs.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Not too bad, considering I bought the bat for $60 shipped. It took me a while to figure out that it was a playoff gamer, but I got a good 60 photos of Montero using the bat.

Originally posted by bryzzo2016
    Sorry to say, not a whole lot. There isn't much of a premium on Montero items. My guess would be $500 on a really good day.

Comment

• bryzzo2016
      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by niembre
      That's pretty much what I was thinking. Not too bad, considering I bought the bat for $60 shipped. It took me a while to figure out that it was a playoff gamer, but I got a good 60 photos of Montero using the bat.
      Shoot for $60 I would have definitely bought it.

I think I was being generous with $500. It would take a rare Montero fan to pay that. But, it is from the NLDS, so that makes it cool. If you tried to sell it on eBay you'd probably have trouble hitting $200. But, it's a cool piece to have. And for $60 who cares.

Comment

• mrjohnmalton
        • Mar 2016

As far as a home run ball that left the game of play being authenticated by MLB. As long as it didn't go into the stands, I can see that. But, my understanding is that once a ball mixes with the crowd, the authenticators won't touch it.
        That's not completely true. There have been cases of authenticators meeting with people who caught milestone home run balls before. A good example is when the notorious ballhawk Zack Hample caught Carlos Beltran's home run at Shea Stadium. It ended up being the last homer hit by a Met at Shea. Milestones are definitely the exception.

Comment

• Swoboda4
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by carbonrosa
          Swaboda4, shoot me an email. I have a few Mets baseballs I'm going to sell if you're interested
          -Devin

Carbonrosa@aol.com
          Devin- just sent the response, just saw your post-Robert

Comment

• bryzzo2016
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by niembre
            I have a 2015 NLDS game used Miguel Montero bat that I photo matched him using in Game 3 and also the clinching game 4. Does anyone know how much this bat would be worth? I am not looking to sell, just wanting opinions.
            Wish you had the one he hit that Grand Slam with last night. Now, that would be something !

Comment

• niembre
              • Jul 2015

I thought the same thing when after he hit that GS.

Wish you had the one he hit that Grand Slam with last night. Now, that would be something !

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

The local news did a short story on the person who caught the Montero grand slam Sunday night. It was a 12-year-oold boy who went to the game with his parents. The kid had his dad take a phone picture of him holding the ball. I hope it doesn't end up on eBay.

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...