Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thoughts on these two game used baseballs.

These have been on eBay a good while.

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on them ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281894380166...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Re: Thoughts on these two game used baseballs.

Where does it say they were game used? If you're asking, are these the home run baseballs, it DOESN'T say so. It doesn't even say they were "used" in the game(s).

The MLB database says they are:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool inscriptions and everything, but the baseballs are just random ones that were used during the NLDS last year. Incredibly overpriced.

Yep, they are definitely not the actual home run balls. (MLB will not authenticate anything as game used that leaves the field of play. )

You are correct about the price too. Offered him $1500 for them, and he won't budge.

Tell me, isn't $1500 a more than fair price for that set ?

Quote Originally Posted by bryzzo2016 View Post
    $1500 is definitely more than fair, even for a hardcore Cubs fan. eBay has thousands of game used items that have been listed for God knows how long because people think they are in possession of some "holy grail" item. There have been items that I've wanted to add to my collection, that aren't in my collection for this exact reason. You just gotta do your best to get ahold of stuff before the "other guy". You could probably get your hands on a couple 2015 NLDS balls yourself, have them signed, and have plenty left over for other memorabilia purchases.

I don't even see how these two baseballs are even worth $1500? Just find two other random baseballs from that game and then wait for "Major league Alumni Marketing" or who ever they signed a contract with to have Bryant and Rizzo sign them with the same inscription. It might take a little time to find two but it will be a lot cheaper then what this guy is offering.

I will never get why people think a random ball from a major event is worth as much as or even more then the exact milestone baseball? Then they get it signed by the player who does 3 or 4 signings a year and think they just hit the jackpot. As great as its been that MLB created its Program, they have also flooded the market with a lot of crap. The secondary market is a harsh wake-up call for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    I don't even see how these two baseballs are even worth $1500? Just find two other random baseballs from that game and then wait for "Major league Alumni Marketing" or who ever they signed a contract with to have Bryant and Rizzo sign them with the same inscription. It might take a little time to find two but it will be a lot cheaper then what this guy is offering.

I will never get why people think a random ball from a major event is worth as much as or even more then the exact milestone baseball? Then they get it signed by the player who does 3 or 4 signings a year and think they just hit the jackpot. As great as its been that MLB created its Program, they have also flooded the market with a lot of crap. The secondary market is a harsh wake-up call for all involved.

Isn't it hard to find NLDS balls ? I don't see them very often.

Isn't it hard to find NLDS balls ? I don't see them very often.
    Maybe, but I do know most teams have stock piles in there back office. For example The Nationals have sent me the list of all the baseballs they collected from Game 1 & 2. At least 60 baseballs per game and I've only seen 4 on MLB Auctions. I'm sure some sold but if you just want a random ball, at least you know it's from that game. Also each year you see on MLB Auctions during the playoff season baseballs from past years. Try calling the Cubs Game used store and asking what they have available. A little digging can get you a long way.

Yep, they are definitely not the actual home run balls. (MLB will not authenticate anything as game used that leaves the field of play. )

You are correct about the price too. Offered him $1500 for them, and he won't budge.

I would say $1,000 is high enough for both. You're right about that they are game used baseballs from postseason, sorry. And nice that auto-session is included in the hologram info. They're not worth the ebay price, by contrast what would a pair from this year be, $4,000??. I wouldn't pay that much for a game used ball that I couldn't track down exactly what play it's from. On another note-I have an authenticated HR ball that left the field, retrieved and given to authenticator, I'll dig it out.